đź“° Auto News Mooks Worst Nightmare : 10 Skylines Crushed in CA.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
*Snagged from www.MWIR.net*
Which was snagged from www.honda-tech.com

@ pick your part in Wilmington, CA. around 9AM
There were at least 10 Skylines that the U.S. Customs seized from the containers at the L.A. Harbor along with 22 RB26 swaps and 10 2JZ swaps.
Skylines were crushed today because U.S. Customs believed that they were "Illegaly Imported"
Here are few snap shots that I took today. Now im asking myself... why is it being crushed... like did the U.S. Custom found out that they were stolen? or what because i dont get the deal!
Anyways enjoy the sad views

IMG00007.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00002.jpg

IMG00001.jpg

Last edited:
they have to be imported correctly to be legal in US.

i heard for one to be imported and legal they have to crash test and do test on at least 3 different ones before one can be legalized. because crash ratings, speedo, emissions and shit dont comply with US shit. there used to be some company called like motorex or something that was one of hte main importers for skylines but i heard they got shut down and fucked for something.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
motorex did it illegally (lied about the crash tests) and hid it from the govt...govt found out and shut them down. any skyline brought in by motorex is allowed to stay but after that, no dice....there is a company out of maryland that did/does the required updates but its too expensive for most to bother...b/c of motorex the only skyline the govt will even allow to be brought in an attempted to legalize is the r33

theres a company out of california that brings in skyline shells and does all the updates on them.they get a new, legal us vin and then they sell the shell and the buyer is then responsible for sourcing an engine and trans...

theres less legal ways to do so which is why you see a ton for sale on ebay and other various sites from florida, georgia, nc, etc...but i'm not going to get into that

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
depends....i still believe theres some restrictions when you bring one in as at track car but ive never looked into it...for road use its a whole nother ball game....but people are getting more sneaky...you can sneak one past the state govt fairly easy but if the federal part catches wind its crushed and you're fucked

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
It would seem odd if were making a car collection or something of that sort, but kept the cars off the road, then they crush it because its not "road worthy" by USA standards. They just scrap the illegal cars because they probably cant trace the stuff easy and they don't want the parts getting out for sale again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info