đź“° Auto News New Prius C

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/toyota-prius-c-detroit-auto-show-2012/

Toyota is going to sell the nuts off of this thing.

$20K, 50mpg, Toyota, doesn't look horrid IMO.

prius-c-1-opt.jpg

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
Bru had one of those and I thought it was kind of cool

I like the design a lot, but the powertrain and suspension are real disapointments.

Because to some people the Prius is quite large for a city car, and to some people, the Prius is just out of their price range. I also think it's better looking IMO than any other hybrid on the market.

The prius ruined the term hybrid. Best looking smug look at me im a douchenozzle hybrid, well maybe you have a point, other than that how about no.

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
I feel like sac swinging today, check in tomorrow maybe ill be all about overly complex engineering, or archaic suspension on sports cars.

FWIW I absolutely hate the conventional idea of hybrid cars, as in an electric motor in tandem with a petrol motor to obtain the most mpgs and pretend to be green so all the hippies can live in peace having sex with trees, ala Toyotas hybrid synergy drive or Hondas IMA. I do however like hybrid ideas like KERS, regenerative braking, etc, hybrid ideas that enhance what a vehicle is capable of, where efficiency is important but not all that is driving the design.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the Prius is such a pile. Its like toyota put all their money into the drivetrain, and had $6.47 left over in the budget for the interior. And people who say they buy one to save the planet or be "green" have a mental disorder.

My step fathers 08 prius reminds me of a Chrysler K-car minus the goofy dash. Just the way everything is laid out and built and felt like it was 'good enough'.

I am also hoping the C is a more premium compact so it is targeting the Focus/Cruze for a few grand more but nearly 20mpg better. Even if its a shitbox it'll still sell like mad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info