Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Okay, so it's not an official confirmation, but the guys from GMInsideNews have confirmed with a source that Chevy is already hard at work on the 6th Gen Chevy Camaro. Beyond the anticipated production date of 2016, the only other thing they've confirmed is that the next-gen Chevy Camaro will be available with the Gen V 6.2-liter V8.

That engine, of course, is the direct-injection version of the Chevy Small block that we're still hearing will displace fewer than 6.0-liters and will debut in the C7 Corvette. Other Corvette bits that could trickle down: 7-speed manual, dual-clutch automatic.

This should come as no surprise to anybody. The Camaro (despite the cartoonish looks and miserable visibility) is selling extraordinarily well, backing off of that momentum makes absolutely no sense.

What do you want to see from the next-gen Camaro? Better visibility? More grown up looks? An engine that feels more like a sports car motor? Less weight?

no retro look please.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
It'd be funny if they made the 6th gen based off the 2nd gen, since the 5th is based off the 1st. We would eventually be back where we started again since the hatchback/t-top look started with the 2nd gen.

404 Hatchback not found for 2nd gen..

In for pics/spec of this 6th gen

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
404 Hatchback not found for 2nd gen..

In for pics/spec of this 6th gen

Well the 2nd gen is what started the design evolution up to the 4th gen. Since the 3rd took a lot of design cuea from the late 2nd and the 4th did from the 3rd. The 2nd gen gen looks way different than the first. One could say the 4th gen has a lot in common w the 2nd compared to the 1st. So of they make a new "2nd" gen, itd be like were getting the 4th all over again. Which would be ok w me lol

Devildog1833

Regular
Aug 10, 2011
Maybe it will look like this!!

picture.php

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Maybe it will look like this!!

picture.php

fat
not phat
fat
the one below looks alot sleeker. the one you posted looks like a puerto rican chick before she gets preggers...skinny top GIANT BACKSIDE
i still say chevy should do retro the right way...

camp_0906_05+1971_chevrolet_camaro_z28+wheels.jpg

take an older body
redo the frame so its 'modern' with the 'modern' electronics, interior, motor, suspension.

i know its completely NOT feasible due to costs...

but i can still dream.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info