đź“° Auto News EcoBoost F-150 gaining serious traction

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Only come in Autotradgic, so they aren't imploding like the Chinese Manuals found in the mustangs :ford:

I can't BELIEVE My transmission is holding up in my V-8 truck still... I beat the living hell out of it, and it has over 100K on it by now

I can tell you why..

because its a 4r70w, and you do not make a lot of power on it..

Kyles 4r70w lasted well into the high 390whp range before he beefed it up out of preventative maintenance.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't see the aftermarket jumping on the ecoboost like I thought they would. Has anyone even put out any small turbo upgrades? I think the last time I checked for the 2010 SHO, they only had a catback and a tune available.

I think the aftermarket was waiting for a better platform. The SHO is nice, but I think a V6 Ecoboost Fusion or Mustang would be the better platform and the aftermarket would jump on it more. I think you'll get some with the F150 now out too.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I can tell you why..

because its a 4r70w, and you do not make a lot of power on it...

I know I do not make alot of power on it compared to a mustang. But I'm used to ford automatics exploding, remember I owned 4 automatic SHO Taurii...

He's talking about dans ranger and I agree with syp. His v8 truck makes as much power as a 2.0l Subaru.

Last I checked, a 2.2l Subaru that was built in 1998 had 135hp...

Ecoboost mustang :wackit:

X2 :wackit:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the 4r70w had its share of issues. My dad had to replace one from our Grand Marquis at 10K, and the one in my thunderbird had the torque converter going, albiet at 100K

I would move to say it is probably one of, if not the largest consumer built RWD V-8 transmissions in the past decade or so. I'd imagine some would have issues between mustangs, trucks, and Panthers. My step grandfathers Grand Marquis's is acting goofy at 95K, most the 'horror stories' I've found involve some person (Shop or otherwise) putting the wrong fluid in these things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info