Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
clap.gif

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
It's hard to explain, but when driving something like a BMW or a Porsche, it feels as though you are much more connected to the car than driving other cars, especially American cars. To put it in perspective, 2 brothers went auto crossing this weekend, one has an 11.1 second c5 z06, very fast, the other has a stock 2000 m5, 4200lbs and only 400 hp. Guess which one was faster around the autoX.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It's hard to explain, but when driving something like a BMW or a Porsche, it feels as though you are much more connected to the car than driving other cars, especially American cars. To put it in perspective, 2 brothers went auto crossing this weekend, one has an 11.1 second c5 z06, very fast, the other has a stock 2000 m5, 4200lbs and only 400 hp. Guess which one was faster around the autoX.

I do agree that German cars have a better “feel” and connection to the road.

As for the M5 beating a Z06, that’s all driver my friend and NOT the vehicle.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I do agree that German cars have a better “feel” and connection to the road.

As for the M5 beating a Z06, that’s all driver my friend and NOT the vehicle.

The guy driving the M5 has NEVER done an auto cross event or road racing event, the guy driving the z06 has gone to road america NUMEROUS times. So thanks for your input...IDIOT! BTW, I'm going to probably do an autoX event in September if you're down, I'd like to see what your road racing mustang could do....

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The guy driving the M5 has NEVER done an auto cross event or road racing event, the guy driving the z06 has gone to road america NUMEROUS times. So thanks for your input...IDIOT! BTW, I'm going to probably do an autoX event in September if you're done, I'd like to see what your road racing mustang could do....

So you believe a C5 Z06 is slower around an autocross course than a 4,000 lbs luxury sedan? Geez, can I sell you some Lakefront property in Naperville?

When do you want to go?

Here watch some video:
http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I'm not sure if it has lost a comparo yet... This time, the 3 year old M3 is pitted against the brand new CTS-V coupe and brand new RS-5...and still wins the comparo!!! Also won the same comparo in car and driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ_RT5221rk
Unfortunately for the "V", the auto trans with stock factory tuning is really a detriment compared to the excellent units in the BMW and Audi and really hurt the "V" in both those comparisons (in both objective and subjective categories).

Here's another comparison (manual 6-speed cars):

http://www.insideline.com/cadillac/...adillac-cts-v-coupe-vs-2011-bmw-m3-coupe.html

We can always try this comparo out in the real world if you like. ;)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
The better driver most likely.

EDIT: I just read your follow-up post and I still say the driver of the Z06 is incompetent unless he sacrificed (i.e. removed) alot of the things that makes that car handle in order to get that 11.1 timeslip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info