đź“° Auto News Ford Mustang takes the 2009 Pony Car sales crown from the Chevrolet Camaro

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It's official: The Ford Mustang outsold the Chevrolet Camaro in 2009, despite a string of month-on-month sales leads over the Blue Oval's pony car. But it was a close race.

According to sales data released by both Ford and General Motors, the Mustang sold 66,623 units in 2009, with GM coming in close behind with 61,618 Camaros sold for the year.

Early on, there was speculation that the Camaro could overtake the Mustang if its sales streak continued, but despite pent up demand for the bowtie brand's retromobile, Ford sold 6,327 Mustangs last month -- over 60 percent more than it did in November. Not a huge surprise, but a good showing nonetheless, and with all the updates to the 2011 Mustang, we suspect that next year's race won't be nearly as entertaining.

[Autoblog]

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Still not bad considering the Camaro went on sale in March. Only 5,000 units off the Mustang's mark.

But it was introduced after how many years of absence? There was huge hype around it too when it's new model came out after so long.

The 2009 mustang was the last year of a 4-year-old production model...

I agree with Turk. I bet the mustang will outsell the camaro 2:1 next year.

:nutswing:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Mustang has a couple of extra months of a new modeil in 2009... The iconic nameplate of the camaro coming back after, what, 7 years of absence. And how many people were drooling and ogoling over the thought of the camaro returning...

I still have my prediction.

And it outsold mustang every month cept December after the "big bad twenty ten camaro killer" was released. :dunno:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
But it was introduced after how many years of absence? There was huge hype around it too when it's new model came out after so long.

The 2009 mustang was the last year of a 4-year-old production model...

I agree with Turk. I bet the mustang will outsell the camaro 2:1 next year.

:nutswing:

Hey, I like the 2010 Mustang GT more than the 2010 Camaro SS. I'm just trying to be objective here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info