Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2011-lexus-lf-a-f34-blog-thumb-555x370.jpg

After all these years, the official unveiling of the production 2011 Lexus LF-A is scheduled for next month's Tokyo Auto Show. We've already driven the race version of the LF-A at Goodwood, and the production version is said to be very close to that car. This week, spy photographers caught up with a near production-ready Lexus LF-A prototype almost completely free of camouflage.

This is the first time that the LF-A's revised front air-intake design has been seen uncovered. The final shape of the finessed side intake is also more apparent on this clean, white prototype. Finally, if you could remove the white tape from around the taillights, and you'd be able to see the final shape of the LF-A's rear-end, replete with fully-trimmed rear exhaust vents and diffuser.

Details on the LF-A remain few. We can only tell you that it's built around a carbon-fiber chassis, carries the 4.8-liter 1LR-GEU V10 rated at around 550 hp, and features a six-speed automated manual transaxle. Also, it's heavier than you might think, as Lexus admitted the LF-A racecar weighed 3,300 pounds.

The LF-A will probably reach low-volume production sometime in 2010 (probably) and likely command a $400,000 price tag.

2011-lexus-lf-a-profile-blog-thumb-555x359.jpg

2011-lexus-lf-a-r34-blog-thumb-555x370.jpg

IL_logo.gif

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
For some reason I have no excitement for this car. I don't know if it's the looks, the concept of the car itself, but it really doesn't interest me. It might be because there has been a string of stunning supercars that have come out recently, and this one is just overpriced and doesn't have the pedigree.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
For some reason I have no excitement for this car. I don't know if it's the looks, the concept of the car itself, but it really doesn't interest me. It might be because there has been a string of stunning supercars that have come out recently, and this one is just overpriced and doesn't have the pedigree.

Lexus doesn't make me think performance... Not that they don't have good performers, but their branding has not led me to think "Performance."

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
looks sweet, but 400k for a toyota? :ugh:

Well... look at inflation. People said the same thing about Supras in the early 90's (MSRP over 40k) and this is obviously a higher performance car than a Supra.

While I have no intentions of paying triple digits for a car, I don't find the price unreasonable when compared to the competition and what will most likely be very low production numbers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info