TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-caliber-srt4-discontinued-for-2010-car-news/

Dodge Caliber SRT4 Discontinued for 2010 - Car News
Torque-steering six feet under.
BY JON YANCA
August 2009

Thumbing through the Chrysler product guide for 2010, we noticed the absence of the SRT4 model in the Dodge Caliber’s powertrain chart. A quick call to the Pentastar’s PR department and it was confirmed: the Caliber SRT4 has been euthanized. Chrysler didn’t attribute its death to a lack of sales, saying instead that it wants to focus on strengthening the higher-volume Caliber models. After the roughest year in company history, one that included filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, we can understand the move.

We can also say we’re not particularly torn up about it, either. The Caliber SRT4 failed to live up to its Neon-based predecessor—a car which we once crowned king of the featherweights in a comparo—much less any of its current competition. Indeed, even brand new, the front-drive hatch found itself last in a four-car comparison test. We noted a very satisfying shifter, but the compliments stopped there. A rock-hard ride, a cheap interior, big-boned styling, and rodeo levels of torque steer left us cold. Beyond the death of the model itself, the decision also means the death of the SRT4’s 285-hp, 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine; the engine survived for just two model years in a Chrysler product.

It’s anyone’s guess if this is the beginning of the end for the high-performance SRT division, but with Chrysler’s newly minted partnership to Fiat, we can only hope the future holds a much-improved Caliber replacement and maybe—just maybe—a worthy SRT4 successor.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I debated it before getting the PT, the salesman wouldn't let me drive one, so that solved that decision. They had the CSRT on their "sale" for like 18,995 or something, and I noticed that it had been on the lot forever, salesman dragged me through his normal BS, he said he just moved it there with the price the day before, and then I told him that I drive past the dealership everyday and have seen it parked in the same spot. Then when he tried to start it and it was dead as a doornail, confirmed my suspicion. I really think I could have talked the guy down to 15K. The smell of desperation was quite pungent on that lot.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't think I've ever seen an SRT-4 Caliber. Sounds like they were not as popular as the Neon SRT-4's.

You must be living under a rock, I see them all the time. Not quite as often as the SRT4 Neons though.

CSRT-4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info