Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
not like you guys arent already buried with STI shit...

(courtesy of autoblog)

The wait is finally over. Subaru has released official photos and initial info on the new JDM-spec Impreza WRX STI. Details remain scant, however, as Subaru only tells us that the new STI is powered by a 16v 2.0L boxer with a twin-scroll turbo mated to a 6-speed manual. SI-DRIVE, multi-mode Drivers Control Center Differential (DCCD) and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) are also standard. All of these things have been widely speculated on and/or reported already. Specific power numbers are conspicuously absent, so we'll have to wait for the rest of it when the car bows in Tokyo in a couple of weeks. Based on what's already been leaked, look for 304 horses and 311 lb-ft of torque in the Japanese-market model. What's no longer a mystery is the car's appearance, which is muscular and aggressive -- a huge improvement over the base WRX.

sti__01.jpg

sti__02.jpg

sti__03.jpg

sti__05.jpg

wrx_sti_int.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm still not feelin the hatchback. I drove the 08 wrx and it just felt weak starting in the middle of second gear and on. I dunno :dunno: It would be nice to have the middle ground covered with a 250-275 hp wrx sedan for the people who don't like the hatch and still want some balls. Or just a freakin STi sedan ... there's a concept :nuts: Oh well, the aftermarket shouldn't be too far behind.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Its growing on me. The reason for the hatch is the World dominates the design of a car. Subaru cares about the USDM but more so about EDM and JDM.

Too bad none of the technical spec.s for this car matter as its a JDM model and the USDM will be completely different. Doubtful on the Twin Scroll, definetly will be a 2.5 block. The HP should be slightly higher for USDM though.

The Sedans right now look like ass though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info