Cadillac gives a glimpse of new flagship model

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
400 hp TT V6 rwd.

Should be awd and LS powered or at least one or the other imo, but supposedly going to be lighter than the current cts.

FF to :40 for the car.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGhaOV0BPmA

http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-ct6-this-is-it-1687358640

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424708231.003375.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
S550 is 420hp, 740 is 330?, 750 is 450, A8 is 330 and 420. If this is lighter than those making 400hp you have nothing to worry about.

It's everything else Cadillac that you have to worry about. Kind of curious to see what they do with the interior if they're going up against the big boys.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
the twin turbo v6 that puts out 450 horsepower in the cts vsport and ats-v would fit into a couple of cars in the buick lineup easily. not sure why they arent doing that.
There is no pontiac anymore, chevy is already slaved to the camaro and the corvette,
Use buick to make a killer sedan without all of the baubles and weight that comes with a Cadillac. This is coming from a guy that has had a cts for ten years.

Last edited:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It is. But with a new name. It's not the new Sclass fighter

GM won't have a true S Class fighter for decades. They might try to make one but people that can afford flagship cars right now equate them with German (and in some cases Italian). It will take a generation for Americans to accept and embrace a domestic flagship car with wreath on it for anything even approaching the price of it's German equivalent.

It will happen, just not any time soon. Jaguar is a good example of my opinion on this. They made crap and they lost everyone but their base. Now they're making really nice cars. The XJ isn't quite up to snuff as far as it's interior goes but it's an amazing car and journalists (@%1;?) all pretty much agree it's the sportiest, best driving flagship. Yet out here in LA: nothing. Nada. Nobody buys them because Jaguar has a well earned reputation for building stagnant crap for a long time and people spending that kind of money don't want to be seen in an ok car. They want to be seen in the best. It's very much vanity.

It works in reverse too. Cadillac built garbage for awhile but people associated them with being the best so they gladly bought shit and everyone was impressed with their shit. BMW and Mercedes could come out with shitty new flagships tomorrow and the next day there'd be 20,000 of them clogging my neighborhood.

I think they're on the right track. It's an endurance race though, not a sprint.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Buick's target demographic would still need to excavate 6 feet of earth to discover this amazing car.

Buick should just die. I get why they kept it (China) but in the US is it anything other than a joke?

Buick has done a good job of getting a bite of the suv market . The regal is nice too . They need to get back to a nice high class stylish rwd car . This would be perfect .

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If I can drive a nearly 500hp twin turbo 6 cylinder during the winter on 285 summer tires I'm sure you can get by in an ATS.

This necessity for all wheel drive is such an overplayed line of crap. I'd rather have a tail happy rear wheel drive car any day of the week.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
If I can drive a nearly 500hp twin turbo 6 cylinder during the winter on 285 summer tires I'm sure you can get by in an ATS.

This necessity for all wheel drive is such an overplayed line of crap. I'd rather have a tail happy rear wheel drive car any day of the week.

Ugh, this horseshit again? Look brother, if I want to roll around in an AWD vehicle, ride a goat, or a unicycle in the wintertime it really shouldn't matter to you. You guys come out of the woodworks whenever anyone mentions preferring AWD and get all up in arms that RWD can do anything that AWD can do. The pure fact of the matter is that you are wrong.

It's not about driving ability, it's about preference. I have driven 800hp RWD vehicles w/ summer tires in the wintertime without careening into a ditch, but it doesn't mean that I prefer to do it that way. How many times must I break this down into crayon for you bud? You usually strike me as a pretty smart and reasonable guy, but I am starting to doubt my impressions.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
How many days was snow on the actual road during commuting hours this season? Worst case just get 2 winter tires for the driving wheels if you aren't comfortable driving in the snow 3 times a year

Snow? Not so much..... Ice? Quite a bit more often. You also conveniently forget that people do indeed drive to places other than work, home, and other local northern IL areas. Areas where perhaps there is just a bit more snow.

If you prefer to drive a RWD car in the wintertime then that's fine. More power to ya. But for some folks to come in and more or less call my reasoning for preferring to drive AWD "a line of crap" is something I will take issue with; especially due to the fact that there are proven examples of AWD accomplishing what a RWD car simply cannot when it comes to inclement weather driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info