Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2015 BMW M3 Sedan First Drive - Autoblog

2015-bmw-m3-sedan-fd.jpg

eienW7U.png

With the turbocharger pumping 18 psi of atmosphere into the intake, the M3 develops 425 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque.

By my calculations you could field a respectable enthusiast model for a bit more than $70,000.

BMW says the M3 hits 60 in 3.9 seconds. I'd consider that conservative.

I never once cursed the automatic, but I frequently wished I was driving a manual.

The M-tuned four-door carves the canyons with the agility and sureness of an Olympic slalom skier.

BMW says the M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe share identical underpinnings... but they do drive differently.

Driving each back-to-back, I eventually notice several differences. At speed, the M3 seems to break its rear tires free earlier than the M4, feeling slightly less planted under high-G situations. And, during aggressive maneuvering, the M3 feels less agile – its mass shifts a bit slower than the coupe. Both of these handling differences are likely attributed to a slightly taller center of gravity. But even as I note the slight variances in dynamics, I remain convinced that only an expert will be able to find any dissimilarities in their lap times.

And that appears to have been BMW's objective from the start; to level the playing field in terms of powertrain, suspension and equipment, and then ask the buyer if they want a coupe, or need a sedan. Taking into account the extra convenience, additional passenger capacity and its improved appearance – I'd argue that the sedan's taller greenhouse is better proportioned to the platform – please toss me the keys to an M3 Sedan.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Mad respect for the car; wouldn't ever spending asking price on one though.

Not for a 3 series, not for a C class, not for an S4. This is just mad money for cars that have their roots in the entry level market with interiors to match.

The interior in my m3 was much better than any 5 series or even 7 series I've ever been in. I think the price is dead on, right around 70k.

**EDIT** I mean the starting price, not the price as tested.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The interior in my m3 was much better than any 5 series or even 7 series I've ever been in. I think the price is dead on, right around 70k.

lol no it wasn't. The interior in the M3 was nearly identical to the 5 series, just on a smaller scale. It was built nice but the 5 had a noticeably nicer cabin when you actually sat in the car. That's one of the reasons I won't get a 335is. Maybe you had the leather dash and all the add ons but that's still just lipstick on a pig.

5 Series

BMW-M5_Touring_2008_1600x1200_wallpaper_19.jpg

3 Series

bmw-m3-e92-interior-wallpaper-eusc9a5k.jpg

I agree though. I think the price is probably right for the competition. It's just not something I'd ever consider at that price point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list