Cadillac ATS-V rumors

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You kids like the Cadillac ATS? Yeah, I do too. That's why I'm pumped for the V version. GM wouldn't confirm it during the Detroit Auto Show, but it's in the cards, and know we have some possible details about its power and transmission.

RELATED

2014 BMW M3 And M4: This Is Them
If this report in Motor Trend turns out to be true — and take it with a grain of salt — then the ATS-V will have a twin-turbo version of its 3.6-liter V6 pumping out 425 horsepower. That certainly sounds healthy enough to do battle with the 2014 BMW M3 and M4 and their German ilk.

What's more, Motor Trend says the ATS-V will get a seven-speed manual transmission, like the one that's currently on the 2014 Corvette Stingray. That's not the only gearbox though: MT says there will also be an eight-speed auto AND a dual-clutch transmission.

RELATED

The 2015 Corvette Z06: Now With An 8-Speed Automatic
Now, that last part makes me scratch my head a bit. GM doesn't have a dual-clutch gearbox at the moment; that's why the new Corvette Z06 has the eight-speed auto. MT says that gearbox won't come along until 2015, but why? GM kept saying the new auto is better than a dual-clutch. Doesn't that seem redundant?

We'll see about that. But the other crazy bit of news is that there is supposedly also an ATS-V+ (yes, plus) in the pipeline with some sort of V8. An eight-cylinder in the small-ish ATS could be a real ass-kicker, so we'll see where they want to go with that.

If any of this holds true, good things are coming.

:obama:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
425hp is the XTS (awd) & CTS vsport (rwd) version. ATS-V will have 490-500 hp version of that TT V6, with 7mt & A8.
(I know I guy who knows a guy who used to baby sit a Caddy engineer)

yea no.

there is no way that the ATS will have substantially more horsepower than the flagship CTS-V sport.

Ill do some digging around at work tomorrow.

By the way, the TT XTS only has 410 horspower.. not 425

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
yea no.

there is no way that the ATS will have substantially more horsepower than the flagship CTS-V sport.

Ill do some digging around at work tomorrow.

By the way, the TT XTS only has 410 horspower.. not 425

CTS Vsport isn't the flagship. The CTS-V will be. That is still a year or so away. I would expect the ATS-V to get at least 450.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
CTS Vsport isn't the flagship. The CTS-V will be. That is still a year or so away. I would expect the ATS-V to get at least 450.

My comment was for Torxilla, making it seem like the TT XTS (XTS V Sport) and TT CTS (CTS V Sport) are on the same level as the "ATS-V"

This is under the assumption that the OP is referring to the V-sport ATS. Word through the grape vine is that there will be an ATS(270hp/321hp) , ATS-Vsport (420-425hp), and ATS-V (possible v8 or high horsepower v6 TT)

in comparison

...............ATS.............................CTS
base:__~270/321hp _______~270/330hp
v sport__425hp______________420hp
V______(????)______________(????) rumored 600hp-650hp

GM getting stupid with their submodels again... Confusing when you are talking about CTS-V... or CTS-V Sport

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I would thing the V's, not matter what platform, would be above any V sport. I wouldn't expect the ATS-V to get a V8. I would think the CTS-V will get a detuned LT4 and the ATS-V will get a TT V6. There is a very slight possibility it could get an LT1 because the 6th gen will share the same platform. Either way I'm in, I would just prefer the TT V6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info