Top 10 Least reliable vehicles

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
So my ford touch has some software issues and get's a majority of the 10 least reliable spots?

When I think reliability, I think of the car not leaving you stranded on the side of the road, not "the software system doesn't recognize my voice command or the screen froze"...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't quite understand Consumer Reports anymore. The reported reliability from their readers is actually really impressive on the Explorer - average or better than average in just about every category. But just because they don't like MyFord Touch - I agree, it's shit -- they condemn the whole car and name it's overall rating, "Much worse than average"

Leave that for your editorial reports, not the measure of reliability unless it's actually failing.

Like Mike K said, I don't see any actual reviews on reliability. Just a bunch of statements about their likes and (mostly) dislikes about each car, followed with a vague blanket statement of "its reliability is well below average". If the point of the article/list is about reliability, shouldn't that statement be at the start of each bit about the cars involved with specifics and details as to why? I agree the MyFord Touch system blows (read plenty of of complaints about it, and witnessed its fail first hand as a buddy tried to show it off when he first got his new Focus), but that has nothing to do with a car's reliability.

This is why it cracks me up when people make comments like "well Consumer Reports says", or "well that's ranked #1 on Consumer Reports", as if CR is the end all-be all of consumer goods testing. Not only are they not the "leading authority" on the subject, but I've found that they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground on most products they review.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
LAME! 8 out the 10 are Ford products? I think someone from the government wrote this because Ford didn't take any handouts from da gubmint.

Why isn't the Volt or Chevy Cruze on this list? I just rented a car for a week and returned the Cruze because it was SO uncomfortable...What a P.O.S. that thing is!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Biased much.. holy shit :rofl:

Wait, what? How is that biased?....................................................................................................................................***huh?*** So you mean to tell me that 80% of those vehicles come from FoMoCo?

Jesus Christ it doesn't get much more biased than this! LOL that 8 out of 10 were Fords. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info