TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
original.jpg

1st Gear: Mark Reuss Says Chevy Needs A Cheap RWD Car

See, I told you this Mark Reuss was good people. The current head of GM North America told the folks at Automotive News that "a really nice, light, rear-drive car that's inexpensive — we know that rings a bell. That'd be a huge win for us if we had that."

No shit.
Chevrolet Code 130R Concept: Detroit Auto Show Live Photos
Yes, it's ugly, but it's also the future according Chevy. It's the Code 130R concept … Read…

The Chevy Code 130R was apparently a hint at that but that's not what it'll look like (Yipee!).

Sadly, he said they wouldn't do it on the fantastic Alpha platform, but on something "really scaleable and efficient." Like something that could underpin an El Camino?

He didn't explicitly say "we'd build something to compete with the BRZ/FR-S" but, c'mon, that's what we're all thinking.

I am much more interested in GM's plan for a cheap RWD vehicle like the FR-S.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
weren't the very first and original marauders 2 door.. then a few sedans, then more two doors.... :rofl:

why didn't anyone have a heart attack when the 03/04s came out as only four doors?! an abomination!?!?!

:io:

True. Marauder isn't a hallowed name like GNX, Stingray, Challenger etc etc. I know today most people want four doors. And so do I. But not a GNX. I picture a GN or GNX as a two door.

But

I was against the Charger when it first came out. But eventually I began to really like it.

So who know. Perhaps I'll have a change of heart for the GN and GNX.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info