đź“° Auto News Final Turn Crash at Daytona Drive4COPD 300

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Several fans were injured during a horrific crash at the end of today's Daytona Drive4COPD 300. Video in link. Amazing aggressive finish to this race.

Y! SPORTS

201302231633596190366-p2.jpg

201302231636598080382-p2.jpg

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Yeah, it was Kyle Larson's at Nationwide. Reminded me of Final Destination 3 or 4. Forgot which number, think 3. Damn scarry. Didn't see it but saw video. Nascar will cover it up and rave how safe they are and it could've been worse. Tell that to the people injured!!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Nascar will cover it up and rave how safe they are and it could've been worse. Tell that to the people injured!!

And they would be correct.

This truly is a freak accident to have the front end rip off like that. Chances are, it split the chainlink fence and when it hit one of the fence poles, it acted like a saw.

Besides this incident, id say NASCAR is pretty safe considering how many guys crash at 160+ and walk away with out so much as a bruise. :dunno:

If anything, NASCAR shouldnt be scrutinized for the safety of the sport but Daytona should be for the quality of the fence. I know those fences are designed to with stand the impacts of such crashes, so why did this one fail?

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
And they would be correct.

This truly is a freak accident to have the front end rip off like that. Chances are, it split the chainlink fence and when it hit one of the fence poles, it acted like a saw.

Besides this incident, id say NASCAR is pretty safe considering how many guys crash at 160+ and walk away with out so much as a bruise. :dunno:

If anything, NASCAR shouldnt be scrutinized for the safety of the sport but Daytona should be for the quality of the fence. I know those fences are designed to with stand the impacts of such crashes, so why did this one fail?

Oh, I know they are. I've been to a race or two and watch plenty when I'm down South visiting my parents. Don't get me wrong, it's just crazy how it's all a business ,)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info