đź“° Auto News El Camino and Nomad coming back?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
When not salivating over the prospect of the forthcoming C7 Corvette, GM Performance enthusiasts are busy speculating over the Chevrolet SS. The Holden Commodore-based performance sedan recently made its debut in NASCAR form, with the production model slated to launch on the weekend of the 2013 Daytona 500. Part of the rumor-mongering for this rear-wheel-drive V8 sedan was talks of US-bound translation of the Holden Ute – also the artist formerly know as the Pontiac G8 ST (pictured).

Australian outlet Adelaidenow.com cites GM Authority's findings that General Motors filed to renew its trademark the "El Camino" name. GM Authority also points to the recent filing of the "Nomad" name, connecting it to speculation that both ute and wagon variants of the SS would follow the sedan.

Holden spokesman Sean Poppitt was rather ambiguous about about the potential for a US Ute: "We haven't made a decision on the next generation Ute to its presence in export markets outside Australia," said Poppitt, "However there is the free trade agreement between the US and Australia which means we are not precluded from selling Australian-made light commercial vehicles in the US market."

So, while it is no confirmation of future product, one need only connect the dots, from the groundwork laid by the G8 ST, to the new SS, to this patent filing, and the possibility becomes very real that we could finally get the ute for which we've been pining on our shores.

Anyone else excited for this???

Attachments

• pontial-g8-st.jpg
    pontial-g8-st.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 113

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Hell yea! I just wish they came up with a better name than SS for the sedan.

I also read somewhere that the new CEO of Chevy said that they will not be putting a SS badge on anything that doesnt deserve it unlike when they did back in 2000 with the Monte Carlo SS with a 200hp V6.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
The Holden Maloo/El Camino was originally going to be released in the US long before the Monaro/GTO. I was excited about this back when the original announcement hit in 2000, and I hope it finally comes to the states!

The problem they have had with the UTE is that it is classified as a comersial vehicle and those cannot be imported from australia. Until now

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Oh I know. NA Cobalt SS. Biggest CSB ever.

I like that gm is using the RS badge now but they need to make a ST fighter with the Sonic/Cruze combo. They have the engines to do it but I dont understand why they do not

come on man.. you should understand. market research. you have to remember to the rest of the world... 99% of car owners... they don't care about torsen diff's or measures that counteract torque steer

its a niche market. how many st's will actually sell this year?

at the end of the day to many people- its just a high 20k focus to the general pubilc

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
come on man.. you should understand. market research. you have to remember to the rest of the world... 99% of car owners... they don't care about torsen diff's or measures that counteract torque steer

its a niche market. how many st's will actually sell this year?

at the end of the day to many people- its just a high 20k focus to the general pubilc

If they want to compete then they need to make something comparable. I'd love to see a 270hp Cruze against the ST Focus. And seeing as they're both global cars I dont see why it would be a problem

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
The Holden Maloo/El Camino was originally going to be released in the US long before the Monaro/GTO. I was excited about this back when the original announcement hit in 2000, and I hope it finally comes to the states!

I knew about the original announcement as well from 2000!! This would be friggin sweet and I would so get one (after a year or two)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info