Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Very slow day here on TCG.

BMW M3 purists, rejoice. According to F30Post.com, BMW's North American boss, Ludwig Willisch, has confirmed that the next-generation M3 will be powered by an inline six-cylinder engine. That's right, the V8 is dead and the rumors of a possible V6 have officially been squashed.

To wit, Willisch told F30Post.com that a V6 was under consideration for quite some time, and the original thought was to use a chopped version of the S65 4.0-liter V8 found in the current car. But plans for a V-configuration have indeed been ruled out, and all that's left to speculate on is exactly how much help the new inline-six will get from forced induction.

In order to be more powerful than the current M3, no less than two turbochargers will likely be bolted to the new six-cylinder powerplant. In fact, we've even heard rumors of a tri-turbo setup being engineered for use in the M3. In any case, expect about 450 horsepower to be on tap.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Very slow day here on TCG.

BMW M3 purists, rejoice. According to F30Post.com, BMW's North American boss, Ludwig Willisch, has confirmed that the next-generation M3 will be powered by an inline six-cylinder engine. That's right, the V8 is dead and the rumors of a possible V6 have officially been squashed.

To wit, Willisch told F30Post.com that a V6 was under consideration for quite some time, and the original thought was to use a chopped version of the S65 4.0-liter V8 found in the current car. But plans for a V-configuration have indeed been ruled out, and all that's left to speculate on is exactly how much help the new inline-six will get from forced induction.

In order to be more powerful than the current M3, no less than two turbochargers will likely be bolted to the new six-cylinder powerplant. In fact, we've even heard rumors of a tri-turbo setup being engineered for use in the M3. In any case, expect about 450 horsepower to be on tap.

:gives:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
BUT THE POINT IS THAT ITS NOT ONLY FAST AND HANDLES WELL, ITS ALSO LUXURIOUS..... AMERICAN CARS CANT MATCH THAT
My CTS-V is luxurious enough for most people's tastes, will leave an M3 for dead at the drag strip and will hang on most road courses (just not with me driving).

Maybe BMW will throw 4 turbos on that POS.........make sure you get the extended warranty.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I think he said he ran you in the cobra.

Pretty sure he was referring to you. Black cobra. Saw you at Lukes. Mentioned your V.
Yea, I was speaking to his buddy. Nice guy.

I had a vacuum line off the back of the blower and car was running like shit with less than half its normal boost until I got home and found the issue. Told him we'd have a rematch and I'd give him a much better run. ;) Not sure he believed me on my issue, but he'll see how different it runs now.

I'll mount the GoPro in the car, just in case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info