đź“° Auto News 09 Cobalt SS/TC GMPP Turbo Upgrade

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Hello all!

I am the part owner of a 2006 HHR, my daughter is the daily driver. I also happen to be the design engineer for the Performance Upgrade Kit for HHR SS, Solstice GXP and Sky Redline.

Under full disclosure, I am an engineer that works on the Performance Powertrains for General Motors. I cannot answer questions regarding future product plans or GM proprietary information, so please do not ask. My name is Bill Duncan, Any opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I will try and answer any questions based on public knowledge or my own personal opinions.

I have joined this forum to pass along information about the performance upgrade kit that was released yesterday. Here is a copy of the press release:

Turbo Upgrade Kit for Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, HHR SS
(19212670) MSRP $650

The turbo upgrade kit for the Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, and HHR SS was designed by General Motors Engineers to get the most power possible out of the LNF Turbo engine. This kit will take your vehicle from 260 hp and 260 ft-lbs to 290 hp and as much as 340 ft-lbs of torque. All this power and you will still be able to retain your full factory warranty. This kit is also 50 states emissions legal. This kit is a quick an easy install that will not affect the driveability of your vehicle in any way, but will have plenty of extra power when called upon. Because of the different drivetrain combinations there are several different calibrations with slightly different power outputs. They are as follows:

•2007 & 2008 Solstice/Sky Manual 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 340 ft-lbs @3600
•2007 & 2008 Solstice Auto 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 325 ft-lbs @3600
•2008 HHR SS Manual and Auto 290 Hp @5200 rpm and 315 ft-lbs @4800

This kit will also be available for the 2008-2009 Cobalt SS and all other 2009 Turbo vehicles Q1 2009.

This kit is available for order and installation from any GM dealer.

looks like at least 290/315 for under 700$ and keeping the warranty....

the actual power for the Cobalt is undetermined (or unreleased) as of now, but they all run the same engine

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
there are ppl on css.net making 300+ to the wheels in the LNF balts. thats obviosly with no warranty, but at the same time thats minor exhaust work and a tune. not to bad and there is plenty left for that motor and the balts, only time will tell.

yea the new engines are amazing... and the direct injection is awesome.

theres a video on here of one making 340/370 (around there) with a turbo upgrade, tune, and exhaust i believe.

theres LSJs making over 400 on stock internals

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info