đź“° Auto News 2012 Jeep SRT8 runs the Ring in.....

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
video
https://vimeo.com/39492904

The Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR currently holds the unofficial production car record for a NĂĽrburgring lap with a time of 7:12.13. The Porsche Panamera Turbo S is the first four-door to show up on the list of lap times with a 7:52.00. The Audi RS6 Avant is the quickest wagon with a time of 8:09.00, and the first thing resembling a sport utility vehicle is the BMW X6 M at 8:24.00. That right there would be the target for a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 were someone to bring one to Germany for a 'Ring run. Last September, somebody did.

Piloted by the eminently qualified Sabine Schmitz, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 did the deed in 8:49.00. Ouch. That's 25 seconds behind the X6 M and slower than even the front-wheel-drive Chevrolet HHR SS (8:43.52).
Still, you can't be taken seriously as a performance machine these days until you pay tribute at the Green Hell. And watching something attempt a high-speed 'Ring run that was originally designed to rock crawl is always fun. Scroll down to watch the official lap vid from SRT.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Guess it depends on your definition of "production" vehicle. I'd have to agree with Dodge on what they consider production. A company that makes a couple dozen cars, that have to be modified to be considered street legal, is hardly production IMO.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You consider this
sr80121202large.jpg
a production car?

srs question

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
It is credited with the title of fastest production car to lap the ring, it has nothing to do with what i consider it.

FWIW I don't believe the ACR was "street legal" by the US standards. I'm not knocking the Viper brand, what those engineers do is incredible, but that knowledge in seemingly almost no way shape or form seems to trickle down to any of the affiliated brands.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
The apollo and Radical are considered "production" cars but considering the purpose of those cars and the price I don't think the big manufacturers really care about them. I think if Chevy or Nissan or whoever can beat that viper they will consider themselves the new "fastest".

and the X5M > SRT8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info