fuel pump replacement.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
carefully unhook the 3 hoses and wiring on the pump, undo the (probably)rusted ass snap ring.

pull out assembly.

re install new assembly carefully, angling it so the float goes in first. Make sure new BLUE o-ring is installed... push down pump carefully, re install snap ring, reconnect hoses and wiring.

Prime a couple times and go.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
if you can buy just the sending unit from a parts store you can change it its just held on by a clip but you need to pull the wires out of the wire plug and put the new ones in to change it, you would need a tiny flat head to get the wires out of the plug

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
how difficult is it?

that thing on the floor is the sending unit you pull the purple wires out of the plug and put the new ones in it and put it back together, or you buy a new canister
clip.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No, if anything, it would do the opposite. Vaseline is petroleum.

This.

FWIW, a buddy and I swapped the fuel pump in my Regal in my work parking lot. :rofl: Its pretty easy.

I did find it a bit easier with an extra set of hands, and that second set of hands were in the back seat, with the back seat removed for a bit more room VIA the pass through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info