Tune up

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Hello all... Old member coming to ask some advise about tune ups.. Need to do one on the car and dont know where to start. I looked something up but it said just plugs, wires, and fuel filter. But that cant be it can it? What should i do and where can i get the good stuff but not expensive too since now im a family man and trying to save but also dont want to get rid of my car cause i love it too much!!

TIA
Alfredo

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
ngk plugs
ac declo wires

oil change, trans fluid change (i would NOT recommend a flush), get some new coolant in there perhaps.

depending on miles, might be good to change out the blower oil w/ some fresh stuff from GM.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
ngk plugs
ac declo wires

oil change, trans fluid change (i would NOT recommend a flush), get some new coolant in there perhaps.

depending on miles, might be good to change out the blower oil w/ some fresh stuff from GM.

Thanks Mook! Will definitely do that. I was thinking of doing all that except the coolant. will add to the list. :) What kind of NGK plugs and gap them at what? I have full exahust system Thrasher CAI PCM 3.4 pulley and i think that is it for engine mods. Cant really count the trans cooler or can you?

SyP- Whats up! Hows things here? I've missed out on A LOT of things!!

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Hey, it's THIS guy!

....but seriously, usually all a tune-up is comprised of at most shops is a change of plugs, not even the wires. I'd do both if it's been a while of course, considering neither is too expensive, and I concur with what Mook recommended above for services and brands.

Is there anything wrong with the car, or are you just doing a tune-up for the hell of it because it's been a while?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Here's a list to look at:

s/c oil
idler pulley
s/c belt
plug
wires
power steering fluid
bleed the brakes
coolant flush
trans fluid change/flush
PCV valve
t-stat
fuel filter
check valve cover gaskets
clean air filter
clean injectors
replace injector o-rings
change blinker fluid

I might have forgotten a thing or two, but this list should be a start.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Wanna throw another mod day? Id love to see you stand off against Chicago's finest again. :rofl:
Sure why not!! Not Chicago anymore OAK LAWN!! lol

Whats up Fredo, how's family life treating ya?
What up!! Hows things? See you upgraded car, Very Nice!! We need to get together with Alex and have some drinks again. Still in indy I think?

Hey, it's THIS guy!

....but seriously, usually all a tune-up is comprised of at most shops is a change of plugs, not even the wires. I'd do both if it's been a while of course, considering neither is too expensive, and I concur with what Mook recommended above for services and brands.

Is there anything wrong with the car, or are you just doing a tune-up for the hell of it because it's been a while?
Hey its me!! lol Needs a tune up. Im also getting crazy misfires so im going to do the wires and plugs and maybe the coil packs. Hopefully this fixes that issue. Thanks!

I have similar mods and run NGK TR6's
Sounds good to me, I was thinking of getting them anyways instead of the autolite 104s. Thanks!

Here's a list to look at:

s/c oil
idler pulley
s/c belt
plug
wires
power steering fluid
bleed the brakes
coolant flush
trans fluid change/flush<---I thought Flush was bad....
PCV valve
t-stat
fuel filter
check valve cover gaskets
clean air filter
clean injectors
replace injector o-rings
change blinker fluid <----- I always have problems changing that. And I thought putting on headers was hard...

I might have forgotten a thing or two, but this list should be a start.
Thanks this is very helpful, Hows things? Man its been years that ive talked to a lot of you.... ILGPC gathering anyone??? lol

Thanks everyone for the useful info.. Im trying to get this done before winter hits... OH, one more thing. any recommend a good set of axles? Cheap but good if they are out their. thanks again!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info