Swapping my GenV for a TVS1320

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hmm.... seems like a great project on paper, but i doubt the real world results are going to be anything close to those paper numbers. Risky to put something ~12% smaller on the motor, with only a (from what i can see) 30-ish% more efficient blower. I feel like if i was an engineer and able to do the math, those to numbers would cancel each other out to a certain point where the TVS would be better, but not as much. Takes roughly 40% less energy to spin, canceled out by the 12% size reduction, puts that more like 25-27-ish% more efficient which is good to 300whp, but then the numbers would increase like an m90 from there on out. Small gains for big mods. IDK :dunno:

Maybe DD can actually do the real math as opposed to my ghetto "this is what it looks like it could be?" math. :dunno:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Make any sense? It's like he's putting a T28 ball bearing turbo on his 3800, running 20psi and asking it to do more than a turbo just a tad bit less efficient with a journal bearing, because it says on paper it can but not really. I'm not being pessimistic, or at least i'm not doing it on purpose. I just feel like the 1900 that's "too big" for the car is a much better choice. The blowers they put on Mustangs are bigger than most honda engines, doesn't seem to stop them...

EDIT: added some shyt

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think hes trying to one up the dude that did that genv/112 hybrid or whatever... if he can push 20psi as efficiently as 16psi on a genV, gotta be some gains right?

Yea, but i still think the two cancel each other out at a certain point where he's not putting into consideration. I'll bet the car barely makes 300whp, especially if a cobalt can't make big number with it. They can make 500whp all day long with a turbo, but only 350 with a TVS? Hmm....

There is a regal on the 3800pro.com forum that already did this and he was having a rough time getting it dialed in.

If it doesn't turn into the $$$ project that the HTV1900 was for the guy that did that, then he'll be accomplishing something IMO. I think he's over-justifying it a bit as far the means to a power goal.

Didn't know if this was the same one you were talking about but he needs to run an LT1 MAF but wasn't listening to advice from anyone....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info