Car Fire case # 765433476543465346.8

May 24, 2007
so the GTP decided to burn up on me. I drove it to my grandmothers house and back home. When i got here I came inside and set my stuff in my room sat down to watch some TV then all of a sudden I heard kind of a pop or something like someone closing a car door. I looked twards the window and saw some light from behind the blinds and thought my girlfriend was home. so I look outside and see my car completely engulfed in flames. I call the fire department and by the time they got here it was no use. No more GTP. To make the story better my moms car was sitting next to my GTP and the rear driver side bumper was melted, rear drivers door handle was melted and rear drivers tail light was melted on her car. This happened last night (Friday) about 10:20 pm. So plain and simple my 12 sec grocery getter 4 door GTP is no more. expect a mild DeMod comming soon. front struts and tires are completely gone. Tires melted and struts exploded when I was outside. Shit sucks but it happens. Nothing to be mad about I guess since im still here. but I miss my car.... :tear:

May 24, 2007
dont know what caused it to be honest. i just looked out and saw it on fire. and no SDD didnt touch it. It has nothing to do with them so dont try to discredit anything they have ever done. joking or not its not cool man. hopefully the insurance does pay what its worth but i know im not getting anything i put into it back. but as long as i can still get enough to get a decent car would be good enough. I am sad about this but it could have been worse. I am ok and am glad about it since i just recently got engaged and DO NOT want to have anything happen to me anytime soon. the way i see it is its just a car and i can always rebuild another one in my garage. but as for this car... it will be missed but i had some good times and at least hit 12.7 in it without nitrous (no offense mike HA!) and now its just time to move on. ill have another project soon. maybe faster than my GTP.............. Definitely faster than my GTP!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I have no 3800 knowledge base at all but.... it seems like these things like to catch fire quite often??? Regardless, sorry to hear about your car man, it sucks to see your baby go.

ive noticed over the last 6+ years that fire incidents seem to take a hiatus during the winter and come back strong in the hot weather...maybe there is something to the GM fix and it isnt always the fuel orings. just curious ricky were your VC gaskets leaking? i know it was not from plastic fuel lines and quick connects lol

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I have not been in here for a while. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. However, I'd rather read about a car getting wrecked than something happening to you or your future wife!

At least the car got you HOME...and thank GOD it didn't take anyONE or anyTHING else with it...other than a door handle, tail light and bumper.

Good luck with your next build. Any clues as to what you're looking for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info