Bangs Into Reverse

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I dunno about you but my GP will make a nice loud crack sometimes when put into reverse. I dont know if that fact that I am on a slope (driveway) helps. It usually does it when it is cold. It is a nice loud crack. Maby its common or did it never make this noise? Btw my old tranny and my rebuilt tranny have both done this.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I dunno about you but my GP will make a nice loud crack sometimes when put into reverse. I dont know if that fact that I am on a slope (driveway) helps. It usually does it when it is cold. It is a nice loud crack. Maby its common or did it never make this noise? Btw my old tranny and my rebuilt tranny have both done this.

It is from parking on a incline and the crack you hear is the parking pin being forced out of the gear under pressure because the weight of the car is on that little pin. Set your emergency brake when parking on a incline before you put the car in park.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info