TDCracing 4" FWI Installed

gotboost3

Apr 16, 2009
had to modify the length of the top and bottom with a hack saw to accomodate an 9 inch k&n filter :)...sounds alot better than my HAI did and performs alot better also...great intake for the price..made a custom block off plate with roof flashing and weather stripping....

100_2624.jpg

100_2625.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
How much did that cost you if you don't mind?

I use a local place for mandrel that does 3.5 and 4" tube...and their bends are smoother. Since that is just mild steel, I'm surprized it's not at least painted.

Not trying to dis what you got, but it will start rusting in only a few weeks.

gotboost3

Apr 16, 2009
its aluminized steel so it doesnt rust very quickly i plan on polishing it then clear coating it...or just painting it silver....it cost me 100$ from TDCracing....and as far as the bend its not hurting anything its a mandrel bent 90 so it may be restrictive but not unless im running like 800whp....all the cobra FWI's bend just like that before the filter...i was running a Short ram behind the head light before this and i felt a significant gain when i installed this...colder air made a huge diff.

gotboost3

Apr 16, 2009
i previously had that actually haha just like that but it looked like shyt and my maf readings are showing 33.7 lbs/min for this tdc fwi i read 34.3 with the intake like the one above so i dont see a HUGE decrease in flow like everyone is saying...seems to be hardly restrictive....i tried a short ram HAI right after that pvc fwi above and liked the tb response but hated how if i sat at a light for awhile my intake temps got heat soaked like crazy.....i felt a pretty im pressive gain from this intake...i cant complain i broke the tires loose going 25 yesterday and i only have headers none of my other intakes did that....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info