Replacing entire parking brake system

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Has anyone replaced all parts of the parking brake system. My line snapped and I am missing the shoe on one side. I figure it is just better to replace the whole thing. What is all involved in this?
step one - go to Jyard.... pop off a few rear rotors and get a decent pair of used hat shoes.
grab the cables and figure out the best way to remove em...the aurora upullit (1901 plain ave) has an 02 burn victom thats very likely to have good cables...practice taking them off of the 98 next to it (no point in damaging the newer cables.

remove yer junk and install new...the most annoying things are the clip teeth but all it takes is a small pocket screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers to remove em and pull em back through the hole.

parking brake shoes rarely get used buy many car owners so youll readily find nice good used shoes....no need to get raped for new one's

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I don't get how peeps have parking brake problems. I set mine religiously on the regal, everytime I park it the brake gets used, not to mention burnouts. Fucker still works perfect (one of the very few things on the car that still works consistently).

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I don't get how peeps have parking brake problems. I set mine religiously on the regal, everytime I park it the brake gets used, not to mention burnouts. Fucker still works perfect (one of the very few things on the car that still works consistently).
x2, but the failures we see are from guys first trying to use it with 100k+ on the clock and it just snaps when its released the first time.

Screw it just go with a line lock, its what I have to do with the impala

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info