3800 Destroyed a Nissan Altima :)

Hello all. Long time no see. I thought I would swing by and say hello. Ohh and the story is true, I did beat a Altima on the highway with the 2007 civic hybrid :D Yeah that's right. I daily drive a civic hybrid now-a-days. I know it wasn't much of a race, he was definetly light years faster than me, but I was the more "devoted" one... lol. My wife Kim and I are doing really well. We just had our 2 year anniversary, and we have been living up in Antioch for the last year and a half. Still working at the airport, as well as the wife. No children, or any in the immediate future. I have been looking through some other posts and my gosh, so many of you have had children. Denise, Hale, and John did you have another? It's really good seeing that most of you are still around here and still good friends.

Here's a few good memories back to the past...

2004260162787452562_rs.jpg

2004227145571327451_rs.jpg

2004293463772757755_rs.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GraFFix @ Jan 30 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Whats up..long time no see. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Still got the goat?[/b]
Hello :) The goat was sold at the beginning of 2006 afte the wife blew up her car's motor (forgot they needed oil to run). We were able to buy two new cars for what I was paying for the goat. A new accord and new CRV. I still had the GSXR 750, but later on sold that in October of 2006 for a new GSXR 1000. That mother fucker was fast!!!! I had a ball on that until July of 2007 when I was less than 2 miles from work getting ready to exit off of 294 when some asshole decided they wanted to cut horizontally across all three lans of 294 to try and make the 90 exit (heading southbound). The car cut right in front of me giving me about 20 feet to react while going about 70 MPH. I cut immediately right but not fast enough, they hit the side of my bike (more like grazed it) knocking me off the highway heading towards a light pole. I was pretty much in themind frame that I was going down, and had no clue that the light pole was even ahead of me. I still tried to react to the impact by thowing the bike hard left to get it back onto the pavement (I was still on the bike even though it was very out of control). I threw the bike far enough to the left that I missed the light pole but I still hit a street sign (metal pole) that hit the front of my bike then slid to the right side of my bike hitting my right foot, breaking off my foot peg, and almost knocking the entire muffler off. I was then in even a more caotic moment after that but it helped knock me back onto the highway's pavement. Within about another 150 feet I actually managed to regain control of the bike again... I looked back to see if the car had stopped, and they didn't.

It was a hit and run. I couldn't feel my right foot and was scared that it wasn't even there anymore. I looked down to my pleasant surprise to see it was still there, but I still couldn't feel it... my leg was hurting though and I had no clue the extent of the damage. Being so close to work and having the bike still moving in an upright position I decided to go to my works parking lot where other officers could help me. I rode in, called a friend, they came up and took me to the hosipital.

My foot was still in one piece, badly brused, and a few bone chips. a few minor scrapes on my right leg. No cast, no medicine they released me. I was able to barely walk, and it took me about 8 weeks to walk normal again. I am 100% back to normal as of now, running and walking just fine.

I sold the bike, collected insurance, and I wanted to buy another. The wife was scared out of her mind, and so were my parents. I worked out an agreement for their sakes and am now the happy owner of a 2007 C6 ZO6. Black on black. Every option I could ever want. Bascially the wife agreed to put of a few other things we were saving up for and let me get the car in lieu of the missing bike. I loved riding, and loved the bike, it was my total passion. I agreed to only sell it for something that could fill the void, and well the ZO6 does that well. The payments are not friendly, but will be over within the next few years.

Sorry for the long story, but that's really how this all came about. I traded in the accord in jan of 2007 for the civic hybrid to save on gas because of all the commuting we do. It has been a life saver.

Here is a video of me racing a highly modified GT500 with the ZO6 as stock.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSX8wcDOcY8
A quick pic of the vette....

[attachment=3307:DSC00130.jpg][

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ Jan 30 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, Justin was telling me that story. Thats messed up. Glad your ok though. Sick ass vette. :D[/b]
Thanks Fish. I am one lucky sob, that wreck should have left me dead, but somehow I survived. I am happy and fortunate enough to be able to get a car like that right now in my life, but the second a child is in the picture the car goes :) For now though I will enjoy as much as possible.

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
HI! WOW it has been a long time. Those pictures sure do bring back a lot of great memories! Seems like forever. Hale and I are still somewhat on here. Just been really busy with Steve working all the time, new house, and new baby. Which she is not so new anymore, she will be a year next month already. I think I heard about you guys getting married last year or so. We should get together sometime. Tell tell the wife we say hello!
Steve still has the GP same one. He also bought a Regal last winter which has been sitting in the garage since then. He blew a piston. Just hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet. Ugh! Hopefully this spring he says he will be getting that fixed. Make sure to check in more often, lol!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPHales-Wife @ Jan 30 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HI! WOW it has been a long time. Those pictures sure do bring back a lot of great memories! Seems like forever. Hale and I are still somewhat on here. Just been really busy with Steve working all the time, new house, and new baby. Which she is not so new anymore, she will be a year next month already. I think I heard about you guys getting married last year or so. We should get together sometime. Tell tell the wife we say hello!
Steve still has the GP same one. He also bought a Regal last winter which has been sitting in the garage since then. He blew a piston. Just hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet. Ugh! Hopefully this spring he says he will be getting that fixed. Make sure to check in more often, lol![/b]
Hi Lynn! I have already talked so much about all of you to the wife, she knows so many of you without ever meeting in person. She too would love to meet up and put the names to the faces. Our schedules both suck, I get various days off throughout the week, she has weekends off. Kim will be gone for about a month and a half come March so we may have to put off meeting up until about late april early june. It should be much nicer by then. I can't wait to see all the new generation Club GPer's :) I'm glad Hale still has the GP, I would love to know where mine is at. Is the Regal a GS? I'll be around more, work has been slowing down and life is beginning to settle more which is VERY nice.

syP, Nice to see you too, still tearing up Schaumburg? You'll see me around the streets more often this summer with the Vette... it's getting a few surprises this summer that should help me compete with that Twin Turbo Ford GT that tore me up last summer.

Justin, No catching up! No! LOL. I like the old photos! Anyone know how everyone else is doing? Alex? Fredo? Johnny O? And where's John?

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Yeah his regal is a gs. Was a great car while it was running. I know what you mean when it comes to schedule's. Hale works a bad one. He works 3 on 4 off/4 on 3 off and are 12 hour work days. Alot of the time he works 5-7 days to get over time. Hopefully when he gets warmer out we will get to see you guys. I know once Steve gets the Regal up he wants to take it to the track to see what kind of times he can get.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gtphale @ Jan 31 2008, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Damn Jared, Lee where is hunter dog at???? Whats up guys, defiantly need to hook up, and have a rough nite or two like the old days.[/b]
Hey Hale and Lee!

We need to get to gether for sure. It will be a blast :) Maybe Justin might want to host the club again at his place? Either way anything works for me :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ThaLord @ Feb 2 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's up man. I told Justin to tell you I was looking for you.

I don't have your phone number anymore. Gimme a buzz. We need to talk.

John[/b]
John, Ha... I still got your number, well at least the same number from the last time we talked. I'll send you a PM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hi Jared!!![/b]
Alfredo! What's up buddy?? How have you been? You know I still haven't forgot GPG when you drove me to go get that trans dip stick gasket from the dealer. I still owe you! Haha. We need to meet up as well. I got debts to settle.

Speaking of debts, hows Alex? Anyone knows? I owe him still from when he drove me home the night I blew up my motor in Rockford. Is he still around here?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info