3800 Help A Local GP Owner

SyntheticShield

Jan 29, 2008
Hello everyone. First if Im posting in the wrong place, let me know or move this to where it should be and accept my apologies.

My name is Scotty, I am an admin for the GrandPrixForums.net under the same screen name as here. I came over here and registered to see if I could perhaps rally some help for a IL GP owner that needs help with a fuel pump replacement who is in the Suburbs of Chicago. He is states he is being told it will be $600 to replace the fuel pump and I hate to see anyone pay that amount of money for a fuel pump, even if you got the money to spend.

There is a thread on the GPF boards called 'GTP took a crap!!' if you can help out. I would appreciate it if you would post up there if you are already a member there and if you arent just send me an email at syntheticshield AT cableone DOT net and let me know if it would be okay to post up on our site that you could help out. I havent gotten everything all arranged, Im hoping the guy will get a fuel pump from one of the vendors and then have the local guys (all of you) perhaps help him get it installed so he can get back up and running.

If you are not registered on GPF then please contact me directly, this is not meant for recruitment and I dont want it perceived that way. I am simply trying to help a community member out.

Admin, if I have violated a rule (I must admit I havent read them because I wanted to get this posted up, so please forgive me) or rules by taking this action please delete the thread and if you can contact me through email and let me know what I can do to see if there would be any local help member. The members name in our forum is Dizave. Thanks.

SyntheticShield

Jan 29, 2008
I thank you guys for your replies. I was hoping to save the guy some money but apparently I was too late. He has had it fixed and forked out the money to get it done. So I appreciate the replies.

Yeah bullfrog, I was a little slow in getting back over here, LOL. It was pretty late when I finally got to bed and I just plain forgot to come back over here and let everyone know. I did encourage him to join up over here, hopefully he does to keep from having it put to him like that again.

Anyway, thank you all.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SyntheticShield @ Jan 30 2008, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thank you guys for your replies. I was hoping to save the guy some money but apparently I was too late. He has had it fixed and forked out the money to get it done. So I appreciate the replies.

Yeah bullfrog, I was a little slow in getting back over here, LOL. It was pretty late when I finally got to bed and I just plain forgot to come back over here and let everyone know. I did encourage him to join up over here, hopefully he does to keep from having it put to him like that again.

Anyway, thank you all.[/b]

yeah... dizave paid $$$$ but got it done

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toasty @ Jan 30 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SyntheticShield @ Jan 30 2008, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Dizave is a member here, why didn't he ask for help. Its not to hard to do.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blownbyyou @ Jan 30 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toasty @ Jan 30 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SyntheticShield @ Jan 30 2008, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Dizave is a member here, why didn't he ask for help. Its not to hard to do.

[/b][/quote]

yep he is... dunno about why, but if he's anything like me, i dont have alot of time to 'try' stuff on my own, so usually end up paying 'the man' to git er duuuun

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
Hey guys thanks for the concern, I did not have anytime to spare with work so I had to have it towed and fixed ASAP. I just posted over there because I would get a faster response. All is good now, I just figured by the time I had to take a day off to buy the part and get someone to help I might as well big the bullett.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dizave @ Jan 30 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey guys thanks for the concern, I did not have anytime to spare with work so I had to have it towed and fixed ASAP. I just posted over there because I would get a faster response. All is good now, I just figured by the time I had to take a day off to buy the part and get someone to help I might as well big the bullett.[/b]
what year do you have? i dont know about you, but id imagine you dont make 400 bucks a day, the gp is litterally an hour job. that is if you have a 97-03 that comes out the trunk. many members here, including myself would have done it for a case of beer and a few bucks....glad to see your back on the road, but man, next time take a day off :ph34r:

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Jan 30 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dizave @ Jan 30 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys thanks for the concern, I did not have anytime to spare with work so I had to have it towed and fixed ASAP. I just posted over there because I would get a faster response. All is good now, I just figured by the time I had to take a day off to buy the part and get someone to help I might as well big the bullett.[/b]
what year do you have? i dont know about you, but id imagine you dont make 400 bucks a day, the gp is litterally an hour job. that is if you have a 97-03 that comes out the trunk. many members here, including myself would have done it for a case of beer and a few bucks....glad to see your back on the road, but man, next time take a day off :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]

Ok next time something happens I will let you know and you can drive to my house from Ottawa for case a beer and a few buck they very next day and give me a hand.
k thanx

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Jan 30 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

i can attest to slower response on this board, when looking for information. it's not intentional, but this board's traffic has slowed as of late. -phat_ridegt you've been helpful and active as of late, that's good to see. some others have popped in here and offered help, thats great too. sometimes it just doesnt work out the way youd like

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dizave @ Jan 30 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Jan 30 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Ok next time something happens I will let you know and you can drive to my house from Ottawa for case a beer and a few buck they very next day and give me a hand.
k thanx
[/b][/quote]
lol

well not knowing where you live, its hard for me to say ok...but there are members in springfield and rockford, im sure there is someone closer to your area. if not, sure you have to pay the shop to do it, but even 600, is alot when book time is 1.3 hours for the job, and a gm pump is probably 380...no need to be sarcastic...

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
lol

well not knowing where you live, its hard for me to say ok...but there are members in springfield and rockford, im sure there is someone closer to your area. if not, sure you have to pay the shop to do it, but even 600, is alot when book time is 1.3 hours for the job, and a gm pump is probably 380...no need to be sarcastic...[/b]

A gm pump maybe 380, but one from wbs is like 150 or so if that. So figure 20 for beer and 30 for gas and the car would be done. I have never done one on our cars, but I dont its that hard considering its under the backseat.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Jesus. I paid like half that for a Delphi assembly from Rockauto. They have it listed as $275 in fact. Hell the factory Delco is still only $330. Like was said, took me a bit over an hour and I ran into complications (had to cut down a chunk of wood to hold the assembly down while I put the snap ring back on).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info