3800 rim change

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ahhhh, you drive that flawless GTX in the winter. :unsure: By the looks of it I would have thought it was a show/race car only.

Since summer tires arnt only bad in the snow, they also dont perform best in colder weather, im going to put on my winter wheels with Blizzack snow tires probably when temps are steadily under 50. Maybe middle to end of november.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm putting my winter wheels/tires on this weekend. I usually do it around Halloween as I don't have a heated garage. As I take the summer wheels off, I clean the wheel wells real nice and wash/clay/polish the summer wheels before I put them away. So, when next spring comes around, all I have to do is throw a few coats of sealant/wax on them and they are ready to go. As for the winter wheels, I throw on a coat of wax and they are ready to go.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
ahhhh, you drive that flawless GTX in the winter. :unsure: By the looks of it I would have thought it was a show/race car only.

Since summer tires arnt only bad in the snow, they also dont perform best in colder weather, im going to put on my winter wheels with Blizzack snow tires probably when temps are steadily under 50. Maybe middle to end of november.
[/b]
this car has to make it to work everyday.. :blink: we all try hard to make them the best we can, for what we got to do it with. one day it will sit. :)

well, it seems like this is the weekend to git/r done. I also like to leave the summers on, just incase I hit the track with all the cool weather we should be getting in the next few weeks. Id like to go this weekend again.
thanks

Joe, you crack me up.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois

[/b]

not everyone has parents that will let them drive their cars whenever they think its gonna rain out.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

not everyone has parents that will let them drive their cars whenever they think its gonna rain out.
[/b][/quote]

FYI: My Trans AM was NOT a daily driver, I never drove it in the rain, it was stored in the winter, and I rarly drove it to work or school. My GTP on the other hand is a daily driver, I drive it everday reguardless of weather. But if there is a case where my car is flawlessly clean and its going to rain, and another car is available, I will take something else, why not? The car is very dirty right now and still has the numbers from the track on it.

Im simply amazed that GTX's car is a daily driver, I would never know.

I

imported_GraFFix

Well I actually did swap out some tires yesterday, but on the Mustang.

Although not by choice. I kinda had to take the "bigs and littles" off after last Saturday. Some asshole decided to pull out in front of me causing me to lock the tires up...

For those who have tried to stop quick on a 5" front tire know that they dont work so good. I kinda slid a good 50-75 ft and left some nice flat spots in my front runners. I was so pissed. Right after that driving sucked...thud thud thud thud.
I cant drive the car like that so I took the welds off and threw on the 17" Cobra R's.

Now I got no traction but no more thumping from flat spots. Anyone got the hookup on some 185 series tires? lol

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
Bringing my Camaro back home for Christmas Break till spring.

I don't want it sitting in the cold out here since I rarely drive it.

I have Chrome Zr1 Rims on it now, and have the stockers with NEW rubber, but I don't even wanna bother.

My garage at home is heated, so I'll have my dad start it ever few days to a week, then pick it up during spring break. I'll be carless for like 2 months tops.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info