3800 New Personal Best at Iowa Club Clash

Got another new personal best this weekend at the Iowa Club Clash [email protected]. Also made it to the finals in there bracket race against the Iowa Thunderbirds Club. It is a nice track just wish they new what VHT is at that track. Lee had the car setup great every pass was within .09 of each other. The girlfriend took video so hopefully I will have that uploaded soon.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Got another new personal best this weekend at the Iowa Club Clash [email protected]. Also made it to the finals in there bracket race against the Iowa Thunderbirds Club. It is a nice track just wish they new what VHT is at that track. Lee had the car setup great every pass was within .09 of each other. The girlfriend took video so hopefully I will have that uploaded soon.
[/b]

very nice man... sooo what did you do to drop 1 full second? and gain like 7mph? you build must be sick compared to when you had your sig made.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

very nice man... sooo what did you do to drop 1 full second? and gain like 7mph? you build must be sick compared to when you had your sig made.
[/b][/quote]
more like where did the .250 come from?
cooler weather, better tune, more boost? Doesnt seem it was from traction.

can you post the numbers

R/T = 0.920
60 = 1.788
330 = 4.966
1/8 = 7.606
MPH = 93.36
1000 = 9.908
1/4 = 11.850
MPH = 115.84

No changes were made to the pcm or the supercharger pulley (still a 2.8). We took some more weight out of the interior, no cutting of metal or sawzall work. We did add some weight to the car in the form of wheelie bars which made a huge difference launching on a poorly prepped track. On the last pass in the finals bracket against the Iowa Thunderbirds club we did grenade a wheel on the wheelie bar, the wheels were old and used, no loss as far as I am concerned (track was not to happy about that...oh well :lolsign: ). Lee and I will be adding more boost and timing at BOP and see where that gets us with better weather and better track prep. The track prep this weekend was some of the worst prep I have seen. No signs of VHT and they relied on the bigger slicks cars to lay down some rubber.

Paul

After Paul's XP setup decided to relieve itself of the ringlands on a few pistons, he wanted a faster car, and something he could dial in to run 12 flat no matter what the weather. I think he just wants to run with Yates at damn near the same time :)

The build details are roughly this
L26 Block
ZZP S3 Heads
XPZ Cam
ZZP S2 IC (heat exchanger needs swapped at some point)
Gen V
2000+ N*
SLP MAF
TOG's
Dynotech Trans
100 Octane
And the rest of the little shit you all can pretty much guess what that is.

Track conditions at Tri States were horrible, alot worse than what I remembered 6 years ago when I was last there.

The car on it's first run ran 11.85 @ 115.8, and pretty much slowed down the rest of the day, though I think the worst run of the day was a 11.93 @ 114.5 IIRC. if you don't count him screwing up a pass in brackets, and the last pass of the day without wheelie bars. Him not running any faster in the car was basically my choice due to a few things.

We had some scanning issues on the first three runs so I had no idea what the motor was doing, and where we were actually shifting at. I ended up changing some stuff on the PowrTuner to get it to scan correctly, and found out were were shifting at about 6000 on each shift, which is low, and will be remedied for BOP, so theres a bit of ET and Trap left just in shifts. Only had the car running about 19* of timing for all the runs with it dipping down to 17 for parts of the runs, got a bit of knock as it got warmer in the day. A bit of tuning and some more octane will fix that right up. Runs were made with a 2.8 pulley at 13-14 pounds of boost, and no changes were made to that all day.

The idea behind Sunday was to basically figure out what the car was doing, get the wheelie bars set about where we want them, make sure that my brackets were going to be enough to hold the wheelie bars, and oh yeah, Run 11's out of the box :) We accomplished all of that!

We only suffered one minor issue, due to a lack of forethought on my part, I forgot to ask paul the pin diameter on the new wheels for the wheelie bars, turns out the new ones were alot smaller than the old (Junk) ones that we got with the bars. And I do mean junk, as in when I took the one wheel off, it fell apart, needle bearings and all right on the ground, though it got reassembled (kind of) and ran the rest of the day. Paul asked if it was going to be ok, and I had to pull a "Yoda style" response, "It will make it throughout the day", and sure enough Positive thinking got it to last till the end of finals when it the wheel decided it no longer wanted to be a part of the bearing.

As far as the rest of the car goes... It's got quite a bit of shit removed to reduce weight, I didn't touch the dash besides the radio, but the rest of the interior is gone, but it does have a functioning sunroof, (it wouldn't but paul won't let me), Engine bay side, the AC system is gone, it does have an alum subframe, and that sort of stuff. So probably it weighs more than Miller's car did when he ran 12 flat. We didn't get a weight on it at the track, as the scale was closed, and I didn't feel like unloading it at a truck stop just to satisfy anyone's curiousity, even my own.

That's all for now...

a pic of the bars during fabrication

bars.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info