3800 your guys' honest opinion on this GP

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Alright where do I start?..... No we are not higher, 70% are below KBB. This also means 30% are above. Thats because it is also a recondtioned vehicle. Thats quite different than a used vehicle or even a certified used.
Other dealers have try to make you think because its no-haggle that you pay to much. Don't listen to other dealers!!!!.......lol

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I bought an 06' with 20,000 miles for $17900 a month ago
[/b]

I've purchased a total of 4 cars from Carmax so far. The first being my first '97 Grand Prix GTP (sold). Errrrrr, I have to say again though that they are slightly higher in price! Thats because all the cars are detailed spotless - not just vacuumed and cleaned; most of the fluids are changed and if you dont think it is then ask them to; brakes are redone if needed; always 2 sets of keyshere's the best part I think - cars sold at Carmax have not been in an accident, so no body work and such.

Aircal can confirm or deny my statements here.

Back to the prices. They are not all high. I havent quite figured it out yet. It seems prices are all over the board - meaning they range from 'wacky too high' to 'hey thats a good price'. They'll have a side by side listing of the same model car with almost the same miles but $2-3K difference. Thats what I've seen and researched anyway. So you just have to know your baseline prices before buying there.

J.E.T

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Prices go by whats spent on the car, same car with good tires and brakes would cost carmax less than one that needs them. Also if bought at a good price at auction verses from a customer could effect it.
I will say i wouldn't be afraid of buying off of someone from this group if he wants a GP. Unless you need to be financed and can't get your own. Otherwise the best ones I seen can gbe got here. Most people know each others cars so no ones trying to rip anyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info