3800 anyone have luck with kit cars?

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
I bought a kit car about 3 weeks ago and have gotten around to getting it show worthy. it is already built, it is a 1929 Mercedes Gazelle. it is on a 71 VW chassis, the engine is a type 3, witht FI, not carbed. I went up to south beloit today to get to work on it.

I was able to hear the fuel pump kick on when I hooked up the battery....so I have to wire in a cutoff to the ignition.

but anyways here are the picks of it:

P7080029.jpg

P7080030.jpg

P7080032.jpg

the engine is actually in the back under that cover. the front is all storage space, very nice tig welded tank, and hydrualics. tan leather seats, 4 speed, with very nice feeling clutch.

I will clean it up when it arrives at my house....I kinda blew the master cylinder on it today driving ti around. really nifty setup. my tech question is.....does anyone know anything about aircooled engines? where the cast number is on this engine so I can prove it is a type 3? I havent been under it yet, but it is realy fun driving around. I will be getting the spoke wheels for it here in the future. the doors are tiny, I can literally lean over the door and hit the ground I am so low. I need to add some lap belts just on the safe side, and give her a tune up, with some added rewiring. but I really like this car. its not about racing, or anything like that....just enjoy driving it.

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
also another tech question. the levers in front of the shifter. the E-brake is between them. one has a red knob, the other a black. what are they used for?

I pulled them today, they had tension...but couldnt figure out what they do.....was it originally to open up air vents to cool the engine down?

I am trying to find out all the info I can..since this is a pieced together car.

it was in his barn for a couple years...which is why it is so dirty.

also the windhsield folds down!!!! I cannot wait.

can you picture it, a long white scarf flapping in the wind with goggles, and driving gloves!!!! its a blast from the past :lolsign:

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
<div class='quotemain'>
or perhaps he was running from his debt to me that has been posted in my sig since I cant remember.
[/b]

:lolsign:

Well better keep waiting. He has a new kit car and needs a new tranny in his badass camaro. LOL!!!!
[/b][/quote]

I have a trans for the Camaro, th350 swap...but tore it all apart so I could put in the solid roller setup, engine is being freshned up with Scat crank, and new pistons....old ones were kinda wore out, kit car is a project to get my dad back into the swing of things. the S10 is in the shop being finished, and the GTP engine is setting in the engine bay, just not bolted to the trans yet. and I have a 79 regal for sale dirt cheap whenever the S10 comes out to play.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info