3800 U-Pull-It

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Anyone know the number, hours, and how good they are price wise?

Reason I ask is because I was told that they have a Gen 3 Taurus SHO (V8) in the lot, with engine and trans still intact. The person that told me this is not sure if the engine or trans is bad. So I was figuring if its the trans and the engine is ok (hopefully they have keys or I can spin the engine via the crank bolt??) i'd be looking to get my hands on that engine to get my SHO back up and running.. more than likely for selling, because as it is, it isnt worth shit without a running engine, atleast with a running engine I could get ~2k.

Stupid ass rare bitch of a motor. I have no idea what happened to mine either no sounds no knocks, no oil dummy light, just locked up.. Not enough tools or balls to tear it apart. :unsure:

Thanks
-Nick

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I didn't know they would let you pull it yourself. The price sheet says they pull it, starting at $400.

I don't think I would want to pull an engine there. I wouldn't even how to do it. I've never seen hoists there like they have at Summit. And the cars are packed pretty tight together.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
They are reasonable on most parts, but engines start at $400. :angry:
[/b]

umm no...i almost bought a 3.9L V8 from a 97 SHO for 265. thats engine alone though, no tranny. and thats pulling it out myself
[/b][/quote]

3.4L* and details.. was it in good working condition? still there?
[/b][/quote]

oops. i had a mustag v6 in mind.
anyways this was a few months ago so im really not sure if its there still, but yes it was in really good condition (i did a compression test), and surprisingly it was in one piece, except intake tubing and air filter housing. it had just over 95k miles on it. the SHO it was in got hit in the rear. havent been there in awhile so i couldnt tell u if its there.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
They are reasonable on most parts, but engines start at $400. :angry:
[/b]

umm no...i almost bought a 3.9L V8 from a 97 SHO for 265. thats engine alone though, no tranny. and thats pulling it out myself
[/b][/quote]

3.4L* and details.. was it in good working condition? still there?
[/b][/quote]

oops. i had a mustag v6 in mind.
anyways this was a few months ago so im really not sure if its there still, but yes it was in really good condition (i did a compression test), and surprisingly it was in one piece, except intake tubing and air filter housing. it had just over 95k miles on it. the SHO it was in got hit in the rear. havent been there in awhile so i couldnt tell u if its there.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man, I will be giving them a call then. Could you tell me (if you remember) what color the car is/was?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info