3800 Headlight bulbs

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
+1 for the SS Ultras. I would only buy them, and not the regular Silverstars. Why? The regular Silverstars are known to not last as long, and on the Ultras packaging it mentions that they last longer. Obviously Sylvania knows its a problem.

Alfredo, you should really look into a HD headlight harness like the one on SUVlights.com. I bought one, and noticed a night and day difference on STOCK bulbs with that harness.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Well that is the reason why i started this post, I bought the SSU bulbs and did not like them. They were to amber and dont want that, also had the first SS and didnt like them either. I forgot what i have now but its something that I bought from Paul a few years back and like them because its clear with the bulb covered with some blue stuff on it. Both of my corners are out so i need to find those too ASAP. I will see who else puts in there .02.

But thanks for the responses guys.

I

imported_silverbullet

i have silverstar ultra. if you don't mind the yellow beam then buy them cause they are brite at nite. i don't them cause they almost just little lighter yellow color like stock. if you want something white for looks get nokya. i think you like them. if you are from the city you can them like $25 from evolution. it's on touhy between western and kedzie. don't buy from car boutique those guys will rape you with their price. they will charge you $50 plus tax.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
An upgraded harness will only change the lumen output of the lights, it won't change the color any.

As far as temperature of the light, I wouldn't waste money on anything hotter than about 5800K. That's the temperature of the surface of the Sun, and is the temperature that human eyes are designed for. Anything higher will look more blue and dimmer with the same lumen output. Blue light also reflects off wet roads instead of refracting back at the driver, so that in wet weather it's much harder to see with hotter temperature light.

just my $0.02

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
i have silverstar ultra. if you don't mind the yellow beam then buy them cause they are brite at nite. i don't them cause they almost just little lighter yellow color like stock. if you want something white for looks get nokya. i think you like them. if you are from the city you can them like $25 from evolution. it's on touhy between western and kedzie. don't buy from car boutique those guys will rape you with their price. they will charge you $50 plus tax.
[/b]

Wow, I was just talking about that place the other day. I used to go there to by my Cuzo's when I had the Ford....I'm a recovering Ricer...Please don't lead me back into temptation..

Silver Stars are as bright as your gonna get on halogen bulbs. Maybe a Google image search might help. I know I saw a pic somewhere about stock vs. Silver Stars.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Car Boutique still exists? Damn, I was hoping they had gone out of business. I was there twice years ago. Never bothered to buy anything cause I couldn't stand the ass-hats working there. Not to mention the crazy high prices. But as for the subject at hand, yeah, I'll most likely be grabbing silverstars at some point. Who has them the cheapest? Without driving out to the city.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Why don't you want HIDs? They are now cheaper than ever and blow ANY bulb out of the water output wise.

Realize that the only way you can increase the light output of the bulb is by purchasing a higher wattage bulb that requires an HD harness. You'll have ~$70.00 invested when for not much more you can have an HID kit that will last for years, draw less power, and still blow the high wattage bulbs out of the water.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Why don't you want HIDs? They are now cheaper than ever and blow ANY bulb out of the water output wise.

Realize that the only way you can increase the light output of the bulb is by purchasing a higher wattage bulb that requires an HD harness. You'll have ~$70.00 invested when for not much more you can have an HID kit that will last for years, draw less power, and still blow the high wattage bulbs out of the water.
[/b]

Mikey you should sell some on your site and then sell me a set at a discount price. :)

any good sites for HID's for cheap? can you make the foglights any brighter as well? I like to annoy people. ;)

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I installed HID's, after 7 years of /non-burnt out stockers. If you call or email me Ill hook you up, and he sells HIDs for the fogs also. :) BTW, I had them next day, paying NO extra. ;) alot better than the stockers, even with my Covers on. This is a COMPLETE kit, nothing else needed to buy.

J/O

audiogob654

Jun 20, 2008
i have a set of silverstar ultra laying around because i swiched to HID but and had them all last summer and the fog lights kinda suck they last about a week and then there done but the headlights are good there brighter and have a very light tint of blue from far away id recomend them if you dont want HID
I know the Silverstar foglight bulbs do not last long, but I haven't heard anything about the 9007 bulbs. I've been running them for a while now, at least a year.
[/b]

how much for the fog light HID ive been looking around for them and i have a few prices and see if they come in 8000K color temp
mike you guys gonna offer the kit with brights again too?
[/b]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info