3800 tax refund

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

so what's everyone going to do with their tax refund money? i got mine already. :D had jackson hewitt done it they charged me $192 fee. my refund was a little over a grand. they said if i own a house or a condo the refund would of been $5k-$6k damn! that's alot of $$ i'm losing. well, with this little refund i have i guess i'm going to have to put more mods for my monte. my plan was add intercooler, xp cam, and rebuild my tranny.
zzp jacked up their intercooler price like $1k for the kit and wbody store intercooler are sold out. guess intercooler if off my list for now. i'm going with xp cam and rebuilding my tranny. talked to trannyman95 he said he will rebuild my tranny for street/drag type for $1300. i think that's a very good deal plus whatever i want to buy and have it add on. my car only have 27k, but with the mods i have now and will later i figure it would be good idea to do it now. from the threads i read at clubgp and here it seem like alot of members are having tranny problems after adding mods and i hate to be one of them.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
$192?

I did both my federal and state in my underwear having a beer in under 45 minutes and it only cost $20.
Federal is free, state is 19.95 ( www.freetaxusa.com )
I should be seeing almost 7g in 10-15 days.

Don't be affraid to do your own taxes, it is very easy. The site goes step by step. You can go back if you are unsure. It's so easy even a caveman can do it. (I hope we dont have any cavemen on the boards :p )

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Adam got a much higher refund then me because he claimed Jocelyn :( and on top of that when I started at my current job I messed up my exemptions (at least I can blame that on the pregnancy brain at the time) but at least the gov't didn't get too much of my money free for a year! My refund will probably go to one of the following... some bill, wedding bills, baby supplies or just maybe a new purse LOL

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I dunno what i'll be getting myself

I have 3 W2s this year.

2 IL and 1 IN

its gonna be a pain so i'm gonna take it to h&r because I dont want to screw anything up, and I get a coupon for like $30 off from my job.
[/b]
It's going to be expensive. We did the rapid refund thing because we needed the money quick, otherwise I would have done it myself to save the money. They charge you for every form they fill out, and it adds up. Everything said and done it was about $400 for us through H&R Block, however, the rapid deal was $130 of it and there is an upcharge if you are using your return to pay for their services of about $80 IIRC. It will be less expensive for you since you don't own a house or have kids (they had at least 3 $40 upcharges for related forms). We were getting enough back, that I didn't really give a crap about the upcharges. You can shop around for other tax preparers also, but they are all about the same in cost. They won't tell you prices over the phone unless you threaten them either!

I simply told them I needed a price or I'd just go to someone else that would. It worked on at least 3 places for me.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I just hope I get enough back to make my car mobile again. They took out around 3700 from federal, and I just bought a house. I don't know what can be written off for closing costs and such, but we will see. Once the car is mobile, the rest goes to the house.......well,the garage :D

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Took a little more then an hour and I got about $2800 for me and the wife coming back!

Did in in tax usa for the first time but I must admit turbo tax was a little more friendly the previous year.

Im gunna put about 1k into an emergency fund

and the rest into some type of home improvement this summer.....Furnace/AC, Deck, Bath, etc.....

I

imported_silverbullet

i spend all my tax refund money already. :( i went on a shopping spree at zzp web site. i bought my xp cam kit and bunches of stuff. i can't believe i actually spend over $1k. i'm not regretting it cause this was what i been wanting to do when i bought the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info