3800 Updated photos...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

Well, It’s done and ready to be dropped in! I’m aiming for early next week, I still have to prep the truck and make the engine bay as good looking as the engine.

2ee39eabfe.jpg

e4df7d6d78.jpg

a4fe1b4295.jpg

3a978aeda2.jpg

I

imported_GraFFix

Motor looks awesome good job! Those green top injectors arent those like 60lb'ers? And please tell me you dont have the stock alternator under that boot...IMO I would pull the boot off unless it is stock then leave it on and hide it. lol
Are you sticking with the stock ignition system or going aftermarket? Which headers did you go with? lol sorry so many questions...Last one though. How bout we drop that thing in my mustang and see what breaks first? Oil pan from coming back down and slamming the ground, my clutch or an axle lol :)

Again I cant wait for my motor build up...Im thinking of going with a 347 Dart block, Scat roating assembly, big ass cam, tick flow twisted wedge heads, Victor JR upper and an vortech S-trim and possibly a small shot of some happy juice. but im still in the planning stages...im sure ill change my mind a hundred times by then

Did you build the motor yourself or had a shop do it...and if so which shop?

I

imported_Theautoguy

Motor looks awesome good job! Those green top injectors arent those like 60lb'ers? And please tell me you dont have the stock alternator under that boot...IMO I would pull the boot off unless it is stock then leave it on and hide it. lol
Are you sticking with the stock ignition system or going aftermarket? Which headers did you go with? lol sorry so many questions...Last one though. How bout we drop that thing in my mustang and see what breaks first? Oil pan from coming back down and slamming the ground, my clutch or an axle lol :)

Again I cant wait for my motor build up...Im thinking of going with a 347 Dart block, Scat roating assembly, big ass cam, tick flow twisted wedge heads, Victor JR upper and an vortech S-trim and possibly a small shot of some happy juice. but im still in the planning stages...im sure ill change my mind a hundred times by then

Did you build the motor yourself or had a shop do it...and if so which shop?
[/b]

They're 42 pound injectors. I do have the stock alternator but it's the higher output truck alternator. The boot will not be on the engine once the engine is dropped. The headers are ceramic coated Mac's. The distributor is stock but it's backed up by an MSD Blaster coil and a 6AL.

We figure that this motor in a Fox body would put the car well in the 10's; in the truck, mid-12's hopefully.

...and yes, me and a friend assembled it over the past few weeks. It was my first full rebuild, I'm kind of proud of it!
(I fisted the cylinders with oil like a bad NWS post on ChitownRacing!)

I

imported_Theautoguy

Sure, all I need is about $7000 to cover the parts and we'll Get er' Done! You may want to add another couple grand for the necessary supporting mods like fuel system upgrades, suspension, ignition, trans, etc.,

I'll do the labor for steak and beer!

I

imported_GraFFix

I hope my engine doesnt cost me that much lol...

Basically im going to try and just get a strong block, bore it out and take my mods I have now and bolt them to it. Right now I have a pretty big blower cam, trick flow heads, Edlebrock upper and lower intakes, Vortech S-trim, 36# injectors, 255gph in tank fuel pump as well as a 255 inline pump and as far as ignition goes I have the 6AL MSD box, distributor and coil..but its all on a stock block with forged internals. which is only good to around 500hp. When I spoke to my tuner he said with my combo I should be right around there with a safe tune...So basically its only a matter of time before i split the block. B)

And the tranny..yes, I still have the T-5 and will most likely have to go with a TKO600 or something. I want to keep it manual so going the C-4 route is not an option. the car is more of a street car anyways and its more fun bangin gears when I drive.

As far as suspension goes..In the spring I will be doing subframe connectors and reinforcing the tourqe boxes...im still unsure on the spring and shock/strut combo but it will be most likely a drag setup thats not AS bad on the street...Maybe Eibach drag springs with either some QS1 or lakewood shocks/struts.

Ahh so many ideas, so little money...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list