Tom Glover
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
1. What about a 880 kit for fogs?
[/b]
x2!!

5-10 minutes to install? I think you have to show me on my GP. :D
[/b][/quote]

The longest part for me was mounting the balasts. And thats cause you have to look on where to zip tie them down and actually get the shit in place.
[/b][/quote]

If I get a set, I will work on procuring a set custom ballast mounting brackets fabricated by Ron Vogel Fabrication and Metal Works. :p

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Its not brain surgery to install.

These also look verbatim of the kit I bought on ebay, just less wires. Does it come with an upgraded harness?
[/b]
Mike same ? here about the Upgraded Harness. Your site says to The fix is to give the HID ballast a direct power feed. Because I still have Strobbing in the Passenger side when start up occurs

Lee

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
<div class='quotemain'>

These also look verbatim of the kit I bought on ebay, just less wires. Does it come with an upgraded harness?
[/b]
Mike same ? here about the Upgraded Harness. Your site says to The fix is to give the HID ballast a direct power feed. Because I still have Strobbing in the Passenger side when start up occurs

Lee
[/b][/quote]

:lolsign: it hought your car had strobes in it when u were going down the track one of the times. then later when u put you other headlight back in later i realized that u had hids.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Lee
[/b][/quote]

:lolsign: it hought your car had strobes in it when u were going down the track one of the times. then later when u put you other headlight back in later i realized that u had hids.
[/b][/quote]

Too funny. I thought the same thing. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Edit: The Quote function appears to be malfunctioning so I'm putting all my quotes in "code" boxes.

Code:
just be sure, this is plug and play with everything right?
Yes sir. Plugs right in.

Code:
looks like ALOT of wires and connectors... does it come with instuctions
Yes but they aren't needed. It really is simple to install.

Code:
And does it come with the necessary wiring for the "direct connection" required by some cars?
No. If necessary this is something you will have to do though again, it's simple. If there is enough demand for the harness we'll have Caspers create something we can sell. Your 05' shouldn't have a problem.

Code:
If you had a 4300 - 5000k HID kit, I would be all-over this thing...

Mike, any plans to get more of a variety?
Yes indeed. I chose 6000 because it was low on the color scale however understandably those that purchase these for light output and not color will want a lower temperature than we selected. There will be options for this on the site later on. I did not put them in yet as I didn't have a color chart to post yet.

Code:
1. What about a 880 kit for fogs?
2. What about a 9006/9005 kit for the Bonnevilles? wink.gif I can check the Bonneville forums to see if there is some interest.
Tom, I could add both, not a problem. Do you know if the foglights are 880 for both Grand Prix and Bonne?

Code:
5-10 minutes to install? I think you have to show me on my GP.
You want me to buy you a set too? :lol:

Code:
can the ballast get wet? are they water proof?
Yes. The set in my Excursion has been in my F150 and one of my Grand Prixs. They've been dropped, sprayed with chemicals, soaked, etc. They are designed as an underhood component (which is designed to get wet).

Code:
It sounds like you need a power feed. For now kick your idle up when starting the lights and see if that fixes the strobing. That strobing is rough on the bulbs so you want to avoid it if you can.

For the record, Lee does have strobes. :lol:

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Lee
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Oh I did have my Whelen Strobes on.... but I never turn the HIDS on at the track. My Passenger side HIDs do strobe up at the start up though :-((

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info