3800 Halloween disaster... GP vandalized!

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Today was going great until I went outside this afternoon to uncover my GTP for a end-of-the-year photoshoot and noticed it was vandalized. Some punk ass kids put two shots into my left-rear window and several more into the body(they also got a bedroom window too! :mad: :eek:

I filed a police report and the officer said that many vehicles reported damage overnight during Halloween. I am currently trying to get a hold of my insurance company to see what the next steps are in fixing the GP.

Depending on what my insurance says (seeing this is my first time ever contacting them for anything), what are my options?

I know that I need the window and tint replaced along with a portion of the body fixed and repainted. Can anyone recommend a glass/body/paint place in the NW burbs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pics...

The enemy!

I

imported_1fastGTP

damn thats shady as hell! and thats a pretty big BB... i hate when people do shit like that to ammuse them at the time.. and then once they get older and it happens to them or some shit they come to there senses. it will come home to them but goodluck with the car.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

That fucking sucks man, I don't know why people cant just leave other people shit alone. I would be ready to kill someone if I found my car like that.
On to the business part, get ahold of Shaun, Bob, or Voytec (1fastGTP, Sinr, or Raven on here). They have a guy that does really nice work and won't rape ya on the price. You might have to play hardball with your insurance company. Make sure they write up time on taking the moldings off and if you can NO BLENDS. It can be done fairly easy by spraying the clear across the strip of car that goes above the windows and the cut line can be hidden under the drip rails, inside the door, and inside the trunk lip. I have nowhere to paint these days, so all I can do is offer advice.
Good luck
CJ

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea i got a guy that could do the body work and glass (thanks cj totally forgot to add that). teds auto body on 1st and grand. 708-452-8259 ask for tony. As for the window i have to find the the ## i believe there located on ogden... i forget. Just let tony know me, bob, or V sent ya there and he will help u out as much as he can.

goodluck
Shaun

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Nov 1 2006, 03:48 PM
Wow thats pretty shitty. Sorry to hear about that! IDK how people can go around doing things like that thinking its "cool" or "funny". One of our cars was egged. Luckily someone found it before the sun baked it into the paint, and they took it and washed it off. Pisses me off.
[snapback]144353[/snapback]​

That sucks! I had my paintball gun ready for any lil shit heads that wanted some.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well... I talked with my insurance agent and I have a $500 deductible to pay if I choose to file a claim. I am choosing not to file a claim as I don't want my rates to increase. I figure the window/tinting should not cost too much.

However, does anyone know if the dings can be pulled out? I would like to just have them pulled out for the time being (seeing that I'm jobless and money is an issue in regards to repainting) and repaint the area in the spring.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by 98GTPDriva@Nov 1 2006, 06:16 PM
Well... I talked with my insurance agent and I have a $500 deductible to pay if I choose to file a claim. I am choosing not to file a claim as I don't want my rates to increase. I figure the window/tinting should not cost too much.

However, does anyone know if the dings can be pulled out? I would like to just have them pulled out for the time being (seeing that I'm jobless and money is an issue in regards to repainting) and repaint the area in the spring.
[snapback]144365[/snapback]​

Windows are pretty damn expensive, look around at junkyards or Ed Morad (not sure if he deals with body parts). the dents can't really be pulled out and made to look any better than they do right now. If someone had leaned on the car or something the dent could be rolled out, but with such sharp creases from the BB's, it has stretched the metal. If you cant afford to fix it now, I would get some touch up paint on the spots that the metal is showing, and bear with it till you can get it painted. Don't take my word as is, ask around, someone may be able to pull that off, but don't get your hopes up.
CJ

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That sucks man, my sisters Integra and a beater taurus got silly stringed last night in my driveway. The were parked near the sidewalk so im sure some punk kids just walked past and did it. Lucky the silly string doesent do any damage and our better cars were either in the garage or not home. But it still pissed me off royaly, why do people have todo that shit?

My dad owns a bodyshop in Schaumburg give him a call, 847 923-0727 tell him your Mikes friend and you have a Grand Prix.

08-11-06_0813.jpg

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
area 1 autoglass in cicero on cicero ave is the cheapiest and quickest high quality you can get. there around 80-125 depending on the window. tint is on your own,
tho if you ask they have some already tinted if its just a single replacemnet for a few extra bucks
shop around you will see true

and for the body i would go with teds autobody for sure, tony and bobby are great guys.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Nov 1 2006, 09:00 PM
That sucks man, my sisters Integra and a beater taurus got silly stringed last night in my driveway. The were parked near the sidewalk so im sure some punk kids just walked past and did it. Lucky the silly string doesent do any damage and our better cars were either in the garage or not home. But it still pissed me off royaly, why do people have todo that shit?

My dad owns a bodyshop in Schaumburg give him a call, 847 923-0727 tell him your Mikes friend and you have a Grand Prix.

08-11-06_0813.jpg

[snapback]144371[/snapback]​

I will give your dad a call in the morning, but what is his name?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I hate how people have to break that small little window. Those actually cost the most next to windshields.
[/b]
yep, and most people dont know that, so when they lock there keys in they always break the small window. The small quarter glass windows are a bitch to cut out with out breaking them too. So if you ever lock you keys in and have to break a window, break the door glass. Easiest and cheapest to replace.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
UPDATE!

I received a call last night from the detective working on the case and he told me they ARRESTED the two kids that did it. It was two punk ass high school kids with nothing better to do. The detective told me they hit between 60 - 70 cars that night and have caused an estimated 20-25k in damage.

Hopefully sooner than later these kids will be convicted and I will get at least some of my money back. I want to go to court and see who these punks are too.

For now, the window is fixed and I touched up the body damage. I plan on getting fixing the body damage in the spring when it's nice out again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info