3800 Mechanical Cutout

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Oct 12 2006, 08:13 PM
I have a mechanical cutout and am wondering how durable they are. Such as the gasket, and where it seals for the cutout part.. etc.

Would I notice a sound increase by just installing it BUT leaving the cutout closed for day to day driving?

Any other tidbits?

-Nick
[snapback]142420[/snapback]​
unless you pushing some major exhaust it is not a performance mod. i was able to run a smaller pulley but loss lots of torque and m-90s and open exhaust sounds like ass. clearance issures occur if its in the DP.

pems+ 3'DP+cutout<headers

its cool and all to rev it up but because of the wing nuts that come with it to seal i would not do it. they will vibrate loose a little over time. i only blew one gasket,dont know why tho.
they are a little louder/raspier. for the hassle of getting under the car i would just un hook the exhaust its free and does the same thing, your getting under the car anways. sell it and invest in a quick disconnect for the cat back
the dead weight loss would be the better gain. i hear disconnecting after the headers can make boost a little more steady and not as ramping

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list