3800 WENT TO US 41 LAST NIGHT

I was at US 41 last night, in the middle of a run, on the 2nd to 3rd shift BAM!! As I slammed 3rd the shifter broke. I was like WTF! I grabed the boot searching for the nub which I found just in time to shift into 4th. and finished the run. I turned a 13.5 with a broken shifter :gears: My dealer is gonna cover it, they have them in the Chicago warehouse so it shouldn't be but a few days to get one in and about a 15 min. install job. The Indiana Goat Herd helped me out at the track. They took the center console off to remove the boot so I could shift with the nub and make it home. Talk about a short shifter. Some of you faster GTP's should have come cause you could have walked a few LS2 GTO's, I know I did! My son also ran a 14.6 in the GTP. This car is completly stock down to the air-filter. Not bad for his 2nd time at the track, eh?:yay:

49igndc.jpg

346app1.jpg

Originally posted by Fish@Sep 22 2006, 01:42 AM
Wow, that sucks about your shifter. Has this happened to many GTOs??

Only about 3 or 4 GTO's have had this happen. I have over 150 passes at the tracks, I'm on my second clutch, I power shift and bag them gears so its probably my fault that it happened. Good thing their covering it under warranty. That shifter is almost $300.

Also, those are some nice times for the GTP. What year is it?
[snapback]140278[/snapback]​
Its an 02.

Originally posted by vipermike2002+Sep 22 2006, 07:54 AM-->
Nice 14.6 run with the GTP, I ran a 14.6@95 with just a Intake on mine at GLD. Headlight in and no ricer weight reduction. [/b]
No we didn't take the light out but we did remove the spare tire and jack.

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Sep 22 2006, 07:54 AM
So your best run of the night was 13.5? What did you trap.
[snapback]140285[/snapback]​
103.89 I had a run that was 13.6 @ 104.11. Funny that at a slower trap time I had a higher speed.

<!--QuoteBegin-1fastGTP

hell yea ken!!! WOOT!!! haha u still on for tuesday!?
Sorry, I won't be @ RTE 66 on Tue. That's why I went to US 41. You should have came, I know you could have spanked a few GTO's!! I forgot to mention there was a guy there with a turbo'd GTP. His name was Paul from PRJ Performance. It was his first time out with it. He was working on the tune and turnning mid 12's :yay:

I

imported_GraFFix

Sometimes I feel like im going to do the same thing in the mustang. Although that setup in the GTO looks a little cheap. no wonder why it broke from a hard shift.

Ohh and fish...its more fun shifting. Unless its a full out strip car then I would agree an auto is alot easier, but nothing beats powershifting and hitting every gear just right. I actually like driving manual.

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 22 2006, 12:48 PM
road head>manual car
[snapback]140344[/snapback]​

Well if you put it that way...there is no contest. But then again there is always 5th gear and the highway :)

But I agree sometimes stick can be a pain in traffic. but the newer cars today and their hydraulic clutches are so soft its really not that big of a deal..Now in the mustang in traffic and that hard ass clutch sometimes it does get a bit tiresome. but I still enjoy it...maybe cause I dont drive it everyday lol

Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 22 2006, 01:40 PM
Sometimes I feel like im going to do the same thing in the mustang. Although that setup in the GTO looks a little cheap. no wonder why it broke from a hard shift.

Ohh and fish...its more fun shifting. Unless its a full out strip car then I would agree an auto is alot easier, but nothing beats powershifting and hitting every gear just right. I actually like driving manual.
[snapback]140342[/snapback]​

Its great hitting the gears and chirping the tires. I can hear them chirp when I hit 4th, ask Chad, he heard em as I was slowly pulling on him.

Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 22 2006, 01:48 PM
wow thats some hardcore driving ken......ride that warrenty out

road head>manual car

i own a stick car, that is not what i consider fun.......tho the price to replace the tranny and clutch is half the price of the GP
[snapback]140344[/snapback]​

I have another year and 16k miles left on the warranty. Its the price you pay for racing, well GM's pickin up the tab this time. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info