3800 500 bucks worth of snap on tools

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
well iam almost out of UTI and i gota use my 500 and some odd dollars of snap on tool money,,, what should i buy?

heres my tool list right now

Husky 6 pice screw driver set
Husky air tools from kit"
1/2 In. impact wrench, ratchet, air chisel and 3 bits, spray gun, grease gun
* also came with some shallow sockets
Stanley deep impact sockets
craftsman 155 pc
craftsman 93 pc

My things iam thinkin of getting
Pliers set -$164.75
Scredriver/pry bar set*?-168.13

what eles should i get?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lol my snapon 1/2 drive 3/8ths to 1 9/16ths impact socket set cost 650...

hmmm

36 inch or larger prybar (if your working in the rustbelt...it's a musthave item...)

screwdriver set

pliers (dont forget at least one long needlenose and one big sidecutter plier-mine will cut through 4 gauge easy, makes short work of cotterpins etc)

BFH

asorted 3.8 inch extensions (highly rec a 1, 4, 6 and 24inch) wobble end or not (i have a 1 inch wobble so i can turn any of mine into a wobble)

1/4 inch drive swivel sockets
get a 1/4 and 5/16ths (<same as 8mm for all intensive purposes)
and a 5.5, 7, 10 mm
i have a full set and aside from 13 and 15mm i mainly use the above sizes

and last but not least...double jointed 5/8 inch spark plug socket...(you dont really need the 13/16ths double jointed but i do use it), youll thank me on this one later when you do a tuneup on chevy vans/trucks through the wheelwell or a 3.8 F body...

one of the reasons i have all the tools i have today is that i didnt spend $ on tuition...godspeed on getting your collection together...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
id wait on the pliers...sears has some good stuff. start on 1/4" sockets...get a universal set, those always come in handy. maybe a nice ratchet or two...i dont buy from snap on because the guy wont stop at our shop, but the matco ratcheting wrenchs i bought (metric set) are the best 300 i ever spent. they are awesome. but whatever you decide...lock em down!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info