3800 question on the supercharger whine.

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

how do you get the m90 to become LOUD!!!??? when i 1st put the 3.4 intake exhaust and tune i heard the whine INSANELY LOUD! then i put the headers cam and stuff on and it just doesnt seem like it whines like that anymore... once you go down a smaller size pulley would that make it loud again? i noticed chads car is just loud as shit you hear it over the exhaust when he gets on it in the car(given hes a gen V but like i said mine was like is before) when i get on it, i just hear exhaust.... hmphh im hoping the ported blower and a smaller size would make the whine strike again! otherwise does anyone have input on why it is?

preussenGTP

Banned
Feb 11, 2008
chicagoland
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Sep 6 2006, 12:25 PM
whats better S&B or K&N? i have the 9" K&N
[snapback]137828[/snapback]​

*my opinion*
I've had both and firmly believe the S&B is the better filter.
click the link i posted for prices and sizes

our GP's have 3-1/2" ID
go with either the 7" or 9" open end one
i need a new one since i traded mine to JET :blink:

Originally posted by Fish @Sept 6 2006, 12:30 PM
Run intake tubing with a cone and place it next to your window.
:p

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by MIKES3@Sep 6 2006, 11:01 AM
You need a smaller pulley. I have to take in consideration that mine and your car is a little different. I know when I put my 3.2 on at idle I can hear a slight whine as well. Kinda cool. Now she screams even more.
[snapback]137824[/snapback]​

I agree.. I put my 3.2 on and when I give it a bit of gas you hear a whine, kind of with a flutter..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info