3800 GTP 4 SALE

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
My '98 2-door bright red GTP is for sale, needs some work, but only has about 68k on it.
I just completely rebuilt the motor, and it has about 750 miles on it since the rebuild, and it smokes out the exhaust, it is burning oil. my guess is that the rings havent seated properly. car runs good with a random misfire in one sylender which is burning oil, just smokey out the back.
I replaced the radiator durring the rebuild, but need to replace it again because of a leak in it.

Things that have been replaced on the car 750 miles ago:

Engine - rebuilt
Transmission - rebuilt HD
Torque convertor - high stall
Shocks
Springs
Bushings
Hubs
Struts
7 spoke white excel rims with new ventus hrz tires (hook awesome)
Radiator
Hella Angel eyes fog lights (with red angel eyes)
Undercoating sprayed
Trans mounts
Modular Pulley System with a 3.3" pulley
K&N 9" Air Filter
Boost Guage (autometer phantom white)
Air/fuel Guage (autometer phantom white digital, not hooked up)
A-Pillar 3 guage pod
Alternator
Water pump
Battery
Q-Tech Pro Electronic Cutout installed right behind down pipe (works great)
custom painted interior
starter
Brake Calipers
Brake pads (power stop)
Power stop cross drilled rotors

Things that need work:
Engine - smoking
ignition switch
A/F guage
Radiator (will be replaced)

Mods:
K&N intake
Modular Pulley system with 3.3" pulley
Ported Supercharger
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported exhause manifold
Q-Tech Pro Electronic Exhaust Cutout
2.5" custom exhaust, down pipe back, with 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers, and oversized dual dual tips.
Transmission - hd

It needs a bit of work, but has tons of potential. I love this car and it was my first baby, but i am trying to move on from the moddable car stage cause i cant afford it any more. I am looking for $7500 O.B.O. This car ran a 13.6 at great lakes before the engine rebuild, so, a little work and you have a pretty quick car. If you are interested please PM me or write on here, but the best way is to call my cell.

Leo 630-430-6132
'98 red GTP
$7500 O.B.O. yes i am accepting offers, i am looking to get rid of it as quick as possible.

0610_115354.jpg

0610_115347.jpg

0607_142742.jpg

05-06-06_1341.jpg

BLACKRAVEN

Sinister Drag Designs
Nov 7, 2007
Joliet
That sucks man. If I had the money I would buy it , but I don't sorry. It sould be a easy fix. How long did it run for and did you check you plugs and wires. If you dont sell or fix it and wont to part it out let me know. There has to be a easy soultion you did replace everything. Later BIG V :(

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
im sure it is something fairly simple, but iv lost enough of my mind repairing it and replacing everything... it has been run for about 750 miles since the rebuild and has smoked from day 1... i just thought it was everything settling and the paint curing on the pem's and all the paint on the motor

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by Toasty+Oct 1 2006, 11:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LPSPEED2
@Sep 27 2006, 03:53 PM
no, but this is the vehicle that had the official ILGPC hubcap SPINNERS on it!
[snapback]140844[/snapback]​

that'll only serve to decrease the value!
[snapback]141299[/snapback]​
[/b]

...depends on what town you are selling it in and who you are sellin it too... lol

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
no luck yet jon... i think i wana keep it again now... i dunno, im guna brink it back into the shop wen i got some room, and tear teh top end og the motor down, and see what the smoking problem is... i think it may be a damaged ring from the breakin period (there was no oil pickup for about 10min) so that may have niked it or warped it a lil bit... i dont wana sell it cause i just put so much time and money into it, but it pissed me off when it didnt run like it should... i dunno, i may just keep it cause i dont want a car payment right now... but weel see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info