3800 02 Sensor

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Is there any way to tell wether or not an 02 sensor is going bad?? I can't directly contribute bad fuel economy to it, as my poor driving habits tend to skew any possible hints either way, and other than crazy 02 readings during scans I have no clue if it's functioning correctly. Can I have a bad 02 sensor without an SES light?

Also, my car has 86,500 miles on it and I doubt the sensor has been changed. Whats the normal life expenctancy on these things? I'm thinking of buying one to throw on my rear manifold before I install it, to save myself some possible work down the road. Is this a good idea?

I always feel like an idiot cause I feel I bug you guys about every little thing I do to my car..........but if I can't act like an idiot around you guys who can I act like one around? :lol:

Honestly - I just want to spend my money well if I'm going to spend it. I can't afford to make and pay for mistakes

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
time to change that thing, doyou hav ea way of scanning, when i replaced mine my o2s were not changing as fast as they normaly did, it was holding some numbers for like 40 secs, and then sometimes would not read at all. they are cheap insurance as well as it might need changing soon if it is working now.

w-bodystore has them on sale i think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list