3800 Finally a LIL more boost!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Well I finally installed my 3.6 ZZP MPS and ZZP 1.0 PCM on Saturday. The install was fairly easy with the zzp gen2 puller. The only dumb thing I did was take the belt all the way off and didnt check how it routed . So when we finished installing everything it was a pain trying to remember how the belt routed. For some reason there is no Label in the engine bay showing how it goes like in other cars. I had to look at another GTP down the block to finally get it back on. The car feels good but I dont have any scans to back it up. I will get some scans in a few days. My mod list is getting better as time goes. Next on the list will be some 1.9 mod stockers.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by syP@Jul 17 2006, 01:13 PM
3.6???

never heard
[snapback]132522[/snapback]​

Just came out not 2 long ago. I went very conservative since I still had up to 5KR on stock pulley/pcm with FWI and DP. Im hoping to sell the press on's I have and buy a 3.4 pulley. It seems no matter what I do I'll always have the same KR. I should have scans up by Thursday once the heat comes down a lil bit.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Yeah as soon as we get a weekend of at least low 80* weather im going to US41 and see what my money has got me.?? I also got new tires (potenza's) since my last vistit to the track with my crappy Eagle LS (my opinion).

SiNr: I doubt its the DP hitting since I had the same KR stock with only Intake. Ron did my DP and said I should not have any issues with it hitting the sway bar. I just need a real custom tune and buying a tuner would probably be a waste of money since I dont have the time or knowledge to make it worth the cost.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jul 18 2006, 09:54 AM
So does the car feel faster - seat of the pants-wise?

[snapback]132642[/snapback]​

Yes it definetely feels faster but how much faster is the question. I know I could have EASILY went with the 3.5 Pulley but with the hot ass weather we are having I played it really safe. I just borrowed a laptop from a co-worker and hopefully I can get some scans in tonight and see whats poppin. (not literally :p ) Then I will determine whether or not to get a 3.5 or 3.4 pulley. Im glad I went with the MPS instead of the press on ive been having for ever.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by tonzcompg04+Jul 18 2006, 03:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Jul 18 2006, 09:54 AM

Yes it definetely feels faster but how much faster is the question. I know I could have EASILY went with the 3.5 Pulley but with the hot ass weather we are having I played it really safe. I just borrowed a laptop from a co-worker and hopefully I can get some scans in tonight and see whats poppin. (not literally :p ) Then I will determine whether or not to get a 3.5 or 3.4 pulley. Im glad I went with the MPS instead of the press on ive been having for ever.
[snapback]132655[/snapback]​
[/b]

Tony, I have a 3.4 pulley you can borrow if you feel so indulged to test it out.. I'll be over that way tomorrow, or Thursday.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jul 18 2006, 05:50 PM-->
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Jul 18 2006, 03:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Jul 18 2006, 09:54 AM

[snapback]132655[/snapback]​

Tony, I have a 3.4 pulley you can borrow if you feel so indulged to test it out.. I'll be over that way tomorrow, or Thursday.
[snapback]132666[/snapback]​
[/b]

Nah its ok for now im not in a big rush to run the 3.4 just yet. Although when I go to the track I might ask to borrow it if your not using it at the time. What are you running now? Its not a press on right? Thanks for the offer

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Jul 19 2006, 11:17 AM

Nah its ok for now im not in a big rush to run the 3.4 just yet.  Although when I go to the track I might ask to borrow it if your not using it at the time. What are you running now?  Its not a press on right?  Thanks for the offer
[snapback]132731[/snapback]​

Im running a 3.3, and the 3.4 is a ZZP MPS pulley, works with Intense's MPS too.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Very cool Tony. I'm glad your making progress on the GEN V. Yes, you are now making more power than previous times. However, practice your launches because now that you have more boost the launch gets a little tougher.

Heres another thing to look at. If your plan on getting a power tuner or if you know someone (MIKES3) that has a tuner you might want to lower your timing. I have not messed with my timing at all and I pull 19-20 degrees of timing with my 3.4 pulley and I see 0 knock at this point in time. My point is with a 3.4 pulley and your supporting mods you may see knock if you have the same timing I am commanding. You will want to lower yout timing which allows you to free up knock thusly meaning your going to be faster.

Good for you Tony. I know you have been waiting to put on a pulley and a pcm for a long time. When do you thing you might be going to 41? I just went a couple of weeks ago with some friends. One of them had a Mercedes AMG CLK 55. I raced him but just lost by like a car. But it was good times.

I really try not to make it a once a week habbit by going up there. Its just too far to be doing that every week. Now every couple of weeks B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info