3800 replacing heads

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You will need new headbolts and rocker bolts, they are all TTY, so they shouldn't be re-used. I would replace the LIM gaskets for cheap insurance too. Generally you will break the LIM coolant elbow, so get one before you start, you'll thank me for that one!

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I'm just trying to see how much is involved in tearing off the heads I have to replace my lower intake manifold gaskets because I had one of them start leaking about a week ago.
I was thinking of pulling the heads so I could clean the carbon off the pistons.

I'm pulling about 55/65kpa at idle when my car usually idles at 32/33kpa big leak eh? I'm not really sure I WANT to pull the heads.. ignorance is bliss eh :lolsign:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by xierxior@Jun 17 2006, 03:49 PM
I'm just trying to see how much is involved in tearing off the heads I have to replace my lower intake manifold gaskets because I had one of them start leaking about a week ago.
I was thinking of pulling the heads so I could clean the carbon off the pistons.

I'm pulling about 55/65kpa at idle when my car usually idles at 32/33kpa big leak eh? I'm not really sure I WANT to pull the heads.. ignorance is bliss eh  :lolsign:
[snapback]129886[/snapback]​

How do you know how many kpa your car is pulling at idle? I'm trying to track down the main reason of my running sickly rich, and think it might be a lower intake manifold gasket.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS+Jun 18 2006, 12:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Jun 17 2006, 03:49 PM

I'm pulling about 55/65kpa at idle when my car usually idles at 32/33kpa big leak eh? I'm not really sure I WANT to pull the heads.. ignorance is bliss eh  :lolsign:
[snapback]129886[/snapback]​

How do you know how many kpa your car is pulling at idle? I'm trying to track down the main reason of my running sickly rich, and think it might be a lower intake manifold gasket.
[snapback]129917[/snapback]​
[/b]

I use a powertuner I'm not sure what other scanners can read that kind of data.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info