3800 Cam question..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
O.K. After mod day and seeing how excited Chad was when he got his cam, And after talking with the guys and hearing just how good it is to have one I want one now.. SO, I plan to get the HOT cam and I need to know where to go to get it installed.. I will also need to have the stock rockers put back in.. I dont want to get raped so be gentle.. Where can I go.. I hear that you need to pull the motor.. Is this true...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
you dont have to pull the motor...

depending on where you want to go with the car, rockers can take you far as well. plenty have ran 12's with rockers and stock cam. there are plenty of members on here that would gladly install a cam for you though...talk to miller (if he's feeling better), nitrous, and there are others. including wbs and zzp as well. i chose to go to zzp for mine for the sole reason i trusted them. now i also trust wbs as well.

IMHO i would keep the rockers and go with an ic for now. with your mods, if you added a PT and a full sized ic (wbs or zzp), id say you could run low 13's fairly easily, and possible high 12's with a 3.0 (with race gas if needed to kill KR) and DR's or slicks. but honestly, the cam is my favorite mod. sounds killer, and the xp pulls hard the whole powerband. a buddy of mine has the vs, and ill admit, he seems to pull a tad harder from 15-40, but the xp pwns the vs for sure.

dont forget, you'll need 105 springs and modd'd retainers as well with the cam.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+May 25 2006, 08:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@May 24 2006, 01:40 AM
I can do the install for you, I am actually doing Chad's in a few days. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
[snapback]127277[/snapback]​

5 days and counting :D
[snapback]127521[/snapback]​
[/b]
10 till somthing blows with your driving style :p jk, your going to have be careful with that stock tranny till you get a built one, get rid of those 18's they are not helping anything

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by SINr247+May 25 2006, 08:35 PM-->
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 25 2006, 08:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@May 24 2006, 01:40 AM
I can do the install for you, I am actually doing Chad's in a few days. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
[snapback]127277[/snapback]​

5 days and counting :D
[snapback]127521[/snapback]​
10 till somthing blows with your driving style :p jk, your going to have be careful with that stock tranny till you get a built one, get rid of those 18's they are not helping anything
[snapback]127524[/snapback]​
[/b]

I got 2 16's switch blade Grand AM GT wheels when i go to the track

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info