3800 what the hell is DTC code 1635 and 1639

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah they just are not on any list that i can find.
and the car pops them everytim i start the care, and hten makes the car idle at 1500+. i have to clear the codes and then re-start the car to make it idle fine. i dont blow the code while driving, only at start.

to help this only happend after i was driving the car and got on and blew the vac line off the TB. i have rehooked it and zip tied it.

im at a loss

May 24, 2007
wait nevermind i looked it up on alldatapro.com and it says DTC 1635 could be the TP sensor, MAP sensor or the EGR Valve Pintle Position sensor. DTC 1639 could be the A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor or the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. i wish i could tell you exacly what the Codes are but all that it tells me is what i put up here. hope it helps some.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
ok so yeah, now my 02s are stuck at 1030-1060 while driving WOT,now when i have to start the car, it revs at almost 2 grand. then i have to clear the 1635 and 1639 code turn the car off and start it again to get it to idle right.
im popping new vac lines all over the place, my TB is sticking open and the car is running hot as hell with fans on high and a 160 t-stat.

im ready to set the car on fire and roll it down a hill

i will never buy another turbo kit again. i had a bout 4 days of ok driving before all the problems

im done :angry: :angry: :angry:
anyone want to buy a turbo GP

I

imported_Ron Vogel

• P1635 - 5 Volt Reference Circuit
• P1639 - 5 Volt Reference 2 Circuit

These are what drive the TPS, O2, MAP, MAF, and EGR.

Could be a variety of things, including a pinched wire. Sounds like some sort of short. First thing I would do is try starting the car after the code is cleared without the Areoforce guage on there. It can't hurt, and is a possible suspect.

Also, when I was putting in the wastegate, I noticed several loose wires around that area. It's possible something may have burned onto a hot exhaust pipe. I also saw a purple wire not connected to anything; I assumed it was for something not hooked up, so I left it alone.

Also, got your call late tonight. Hadn't been around today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list