3800 W Body Store/ ILGPC 2006 Race Weekend

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
W Body Store is proud to announce the 2006 W Body Store/ ILGPC Race Weekend! Held on May 21st and May 21st the event will feature a full day of modifying cars, eating, drinking, socializing, and camping followed by a complete day of racing at Byron Dragway!

This year's event is being hosted again in Harvard, Illinois. So why do you want to attend the 2006 W Body Store/ ILGPC Race Weekend???

- Tech Sessions
- We will be giving Tech Sessions on various parts such as our ported blower housings, throttle body kits, and even a full turbo kit!

- Unveiling of the W Body Store Drag Car - Have you seen it? Our drag car is nearing completion and will be in attendance at the event. Don't miss it!

- Open Roads & plenty of space - Vast open country roads perfect for tuning your car and over 5 acres of land at our disposal including a full outside bar, BBQ area, Fire Pit, and new for 2006, live music!

- Socializing - New? Don't know anyone? This is your opportunity to meet the club and get yourself involved! ILGPC's spring mod days have consistently been one of the highest attended local events of any of the nations clubs!

As if you needed convincing W Body Store is also offering 10% off products to be installed at the mod day (May 20th). Items must be purchased no later than one week prior to the event to be delivered to the event (Use Coupon code ILGPC on the website). Certain items are exluded.

With all of that said, here are the details for the event:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, May 20th, 2006

What: W Body Store/ ILGPC Mod Day
When: 9:00am - next morning!
Who: ANYONE - We want new members out there too!
Where: 1917 Island Road, Harvard, IL 60033
(Mapquest link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...&zipcode=60033)

Event Itinerary

9:00am - 10:00am Arrive, get settled in
10:00am through late night - Mod your car!
12:00pm - BBQing (Will start seperate post with food list)
2:00 - Tech Sessions begin
8:00pm - Fire Pit Open

Saturday Tidbits

- You're welcome to camp out! Byron Dragway is only a 30 minute trip away. Bring a sleeping bag, tent, whatever, and camp out. There will be a bunch of us doing this.

- While this is a mod day you certainly do not need to have parts to install to attend. Whether you're coming because you need a pulley or a downpipe put on your car or you're coming because you just want to meet the rest of the club and socialize you're welcome to be there for the entire event.

- Beer and drinking is allowed though we ask that drivers respect their own limitations and stay if they're going to drink

- There will be a $5.00 fee per car to cover basic expenses such as a port-a-john, tables, etc. Everything else is FREE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, May 21st, 2006

What: W Body Store/ ILGPC Track Day
When: Gates Open at 8:30am; Racing starts at 10:00am
Who: Everyone!
Where: Byron Dragway - 7287 River Road, Byron, IL, 61010

(Mapquest from Mod Day Location to Byron: http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.ad...l&2z=61010&r=f)

Sunday Tidbits

- Spectator fee: $10.00/ Racing Fee: $25.00

- Drivers faster than 13.99 must have SNELL approved helmet

- Early Test & Tune followed by afternoon bracket racing

- Awards given for various different categories (to be announced)

Any questions about the 2006 event can be directed to: [email protected]

Can't wait to see you guys out there!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
damn it

may 20 is the jcwhitney track day, and she works for whitney, so ill be at byron all day on the 20th, i guess i could make it sunday possibly, dont know if ill be racing though. if its only 30 mins from the drag strip, maybe i will just come straight there and camp out, and go again, who camping will be at the mod day sight?

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
I'll be there and I will also be camping out.....Hey Alex I have a bigger tent then Hotel California...dude it holds 25ppl. I will also be installing my 1.9 rockers and retainers and springs so any help will be appreciated ;) ;) mmmmm skirt steak!!! I will also need help tuning my ride and could someone PLEASE help me get the O2 sim code off my car its throwing an SES for no Cat.....Help me. :(

Leo

I

imported_Theautoguy

DAMMIT! It was a blast last year! I'm going to be down in Springfield that day watching Obama give a commencement speach at my best friend's graduation ceremony. I won't even be able to make it Sunday; my friend is Irish and his Dad is taking us out that night; I think I'm going to be in an alcoholic coma through most of Sunday!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info