3800 I cant believe i still have an exhaust leak.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
what the fuck??

<_< :(

I put a little gasket thingy on the blockoff plate and my car still sounds like a POS 3rd gen camaro :angry:

I took it to jim and he told me to fix it on my own (not in so many words) but he gave me a gasket. And that IS where the leak is coming from.

What the heck am i to do?? we spent 2 hours taking it apart and re-assembling it. Take it to another exhaust shop??? its soooo annoying to drive the GTP now

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Apr 20 2006, 01:40 PM
No, it won't melt. Use the red or orange and you will be fine.
[snapback]122619[/snapback]​

Agreed.

I've had an EGR block on my car for YEARS, and it's been sealed with red RTV the whole time without any issue.

Also, you might want to check/re-torque the crossover, and if you haven't, replace the TOG doughnut gaskets. I don't own TOGs, but every install of them that Ive seen, we had problems with the rear crossover junction leaking a little bit, and it does sound more or less the same as an EGR leak. Might help to put a little coat of red RTV on that doughnut too before re-installing it. Several friends have had great luck in doing so.

Good luck, exhaust leaks are probably the most frustrating buggers to find and fix on ANY car.

MT

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP@Apr 20 2006, 12:04 PM
what the fuck??

<_<  :(

I put a little gasket thingy on the blockoff plate and my car still sounds like a POS 3rd gen camaro  :angry:

I took it to jim and he told me to fix it on my own (not in so many words) but he gave me a gasket.  And that IS where the leak is coming from.

What the heck am i to do?? we spent 2 hours taking it apart and re-assembling it.  Take it to another exhaust shop???  its soooo annoying to drive the GTP now
[snapback]122611[/snapback]​

Ive been driving around with a leaky EGR for over a year now. It does suck.

Im ready to take it to a shop and have the bitch welded shut.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
that IS what i am going to do.

im just simply FED up with it... we have taken the complete header system off and put it back on 2 times... i have taken the EGR on and off 2 times as well..

we tried the Orange (copper) RTV 3 times and still no dice.... im taking it to the exhaust shop to weld it.. i dont care what it costs.. this is ridiculous

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by syP@Apr 20 2006, 11:58 PM

im just simply FED up with it... we have taken the complete header system off and put it back on 2 times... i have taken the EGR on and off 2 times as well..

we tried the Orange (copper) RTV 3 times and still no dice.... im taking it to the exhaust shop to weld it.. i dont care what it costs.. this is ridiculous
[snapback]122709[/snapback]​

Lemme know how much and where you go. Ill probably follow suit. :lolsign:

Originally posted by Fish+Apr 21 2006, 12:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Apr 20 2006, 11:58 PM

[snapback]122709[/snapback]​

Lemme know how much and where you go. Ill probably follow suit. :lolsign:
[snapback]122710[/snapback]​
[/b]

Funk the exaust shop i can weld it for you and wont charge you an arm or a leg. let me know if you want to do it.....both of you.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
My EGR has been leaking since taking the TOGS off.....

I have the wrong bolt or something cause that bitch would barely go on.......Its not to bad though.....just a little ticking. Im thinking about just slapping some RTV as well cause i ;dont want to take it all apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info